Question for darkstarr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

hey I’m interested in some of these patterns especially the burning skull one however I use artifacts for helms, can we salvage these and apply them to artifact helms of the correct type in r70?

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, good question.
    Curious about the answer.

EDIT
    [​IMG]
    ...also wouldn't it have been great to have gloves with the fire effect?
    Spoon has been running around forever with one of those burning coconuts just to get the fire effect on his hand.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

(Phew) Was worried when I clicked on this post! ;)

Synergy Blaize and devilcult like this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Now THAT would be an interesting effect! Adding this as a pattern to other helms.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Yea, being able to apply patterns on artifacts is something that has always been lacking. I hope they'll let us do it.

Xee and Brass Knuckles like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Especially since their business model is to sell patters and skins. More and more artifact items are finally coming into the game many don’t match the look of my gear, They have some patterns I’d buy if I could use them. I don’t buy deco or dance party items.

Synergy Blaize and Dhanas like this.
  7. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

I'm a new player that only has one artifact, keep that in mind, but doesn't applying a pattern to an artifact kinda ruin its artifactiness? (technical term)

Bedawyn likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It wouldn't, if it were a thing. Patterns only affect an item's appearance, not its stats or effects.

9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If artifacts weren't best item per slot in many cases, i would say "no, keep them unique", but considering my character wears from 3 years always a cabalist hood and i didn't find anything better to replace it, yes pls, give us pattern!

OzzyOsbourne, eli, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Here is one example I have the full obsidian wizards set I use a artifact that does not match the look of my set I’m unable to apply the set helm because I cannot apply to artifacts. Instead I have to hide helm where no one can even see it.

The only things patterns do is re skin the item it does not change it’s properies.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

As someone who spent an ungodly sum of gold acquiring a full set of Obsidian Plate, solely for how it looks, I fully appreciate this sentiment! I am embarrassed to admit that if I don't like how my equipment looks, I simply won't use it. Wait a minute, no I'm not..."fashion before function" as they say! ;)

Regardless, you should absolutely be able to use a pattern on an artifact if you want! 100%! :D

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This is something I have been asking for almost every stream for the exact reasons above. Some artifacts are way better then crafted gear which forces many to wear the same item. For example hoods/helms vs Cab. hoods. I dont think even with the new crafting changes we can ever get close to the power of those items which leaves many people like myself stuck wearing the same hood what seems like forever now. If we could pattern over top I think there would be a lot more sales for patterns as people all want to create a unique look. If @DarkStarr looks at the metrics when they first introduced the concept of reskin sales were up a lot and still are for the store stuff. There is even room to add additional skins to the store to replace artifacts like Anks, etc. which have no known skins that I can think of to support them. Just some food for thought. Cheers.

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I feel the same way. I'm not a fan of those artifacts. Simply because they ARE more powerful than any good stuff an Avatar can ever hope to make. Plus the artifacts are less rare than the best stuff Avatar's can even craft.

People tell me I'm wrong. That's fine. But saying it doesn't make me wrong either. I look at the equipment people wear all the time. And notice that's how they got their stats so damn high! Saying we make the best stuff in game. I don't buy it. Or at least, I'm not seeing it.

Been looking at other MMO's lately. I've heard the same thing. Players make the best stuff. Guess I'm about to find out if that's true :)

And NO. You can't have my stuff. I have many years of SOTA gaming ahead of me. ;-)

Aldo likes this.
  14. amarious

amarious Avatar

I too asked about this on live streams until they eventually ignored me haha.

Also if we could get skins for that remote bank access device thing too that would be rad, it looks out of place in my home.

People pay goods money to look unique, just look at PubG, I've heard of people paying hundreds of dollars for rare clothing.

Spoon likes this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes please. That one has bothered me enough to put it into/behind closets so as not to ruin an overall ascetics etc.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    amarious and Brass Knuckles like this.
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd rather that there be craftable (and therefore patternable) alternatives to the best-in-slot artifact hoods, but seeing as that is unlikely to happen, then yes, I'd like to pattern it, too.

Xee and Dhanas like this.
  18. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I asked a similar question formally during last Friday's stream, but did not hear it discussed. At the time of asking, there was no pattern at all on the burning skull, per tooltip.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

My request is beyond the burning skull, like I said I bought the whole obsidian wizard set and others I’d like to use that do have eternal patterns.

If I can hide a head slot why can’t I put the pattern of my choice on it?

Xee, Cordelayne and Sulaene Moon like this.
  20. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Any dev on the forums should be able to answer it too. This a perfect example why they need a CM, for easy questions like this that helps all players out.

Since the devs only look at the bug posts, perhaps posting it as a bug will get an answer. Just saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.