1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

GUI Design Improvement

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by benhat, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhat

benhat Avatar

Hi,

i had some coffee and an idea.
    Recently i was watching your offical SOTA Stream and rediscovered the GUI Design as blunt black backgrounds, something you forget after seeing it for that long. And i just thought, the whole appearance of the game would take a massive leap up if just the GUI Design was a little better. Or let's say it doesnt go down when opening a bag or character info at least. It would just round the whole thing.
    Let's say it like this: You guys have massive talent for designing ingame items/wearables, they look amazing and detailed. Why don't you just do some little ornaments, nothing crazy, and put them over/around those black windows. Partly around the edges for example. I bet you can do it in less than half a day with one person. And it would make such a difference in my eyes. Especially for new people coming into the game!

twofoldsilence, Astirian and Spoon like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they used to have them. they took them out. (though i can't say i was fond of the gold, they considered a blue variant i would have liked.)

[​IMG]

3. benhat

benhat Avatar

right, i remember now. i dont know exactly either why its been canceled. but there was a reason i think.
    anyway, just the same thing. just in a darker color and blue like you said (or any other color or way to not make it as pointy as bright gold), why not. make it more subtle and dont do the lower extrusive hook thing like on the bottom of the right frame. the upper right menu doesnt need it at all.
    then add a few minor elongated ornaments that lay around the borders in a artistic manner to it, also subtle but delicate.
    it should be there but you dont see it, but you dont want to miss it when its gone. something like that :)
    just my thoughts about it

twofoldsilence likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I liked that look way more than what we have now.

Chatele, Feeyo and twofoldsilence like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think the promise we all thought was coming was an actual UI overhaul, not a reskin.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think the problem wasn't the color, but I think it would also be nice to have a "chose your design!" function to give people what they prefer: gold, silver, blue, green, what ever!

It was and still is the behavior of the engine.
    In some cases it is fine with auto hide, but to organize all those windows on screen sometimes is a challenge!
    A kind of dragn'n drop windows into right or left corner, let it auto fade / hide - mouse over opens it - would be fine :)

Currently we have to click too many times.
    We have to click 2 or 3 times for stuff, where 1 click would work fine. Don't count all unnecessary clicks over years! ;)

For example: Double click on an npc. Click BUY button on top of Dialoge window.
    But I want (most time after exploring!) SELL. So click again on sell in the window and ... yeah.
    Why can't there be two buttons on the top of the dialogue window |BUY | SELL| ?

Another example: combobox. We have so many things to choose from (what is really amazing in this game!), but it is sometimes so clunky to reach it.

If you do crafting stuff, it is sometimes so awful, that I decide to buy things, before clicking around :(

Browsing through all those words, instead of having some icons representing what to do - and we still have those icons in our crating tree!!!
    Imagine just icons (with mouse over telling the function) on the top line of crafting window for
    Blacksmith:
    Repair | Components | ARMOR: Chain | Plate | Shields | ... Masterwork

Carptenter:
    Repair | Components | Pole | Bludgeon |Shields | Deco | ... Masterwork

Tailoring:
    Repair | Components | Cloth| ARMOR: Cloth | Leather | Bone | ... Masterwork

ONE click instead of two (click into combo box, mouse moving up and down, click)

That's, what all our hope is about: to have the UI more functional and efficient :)
    And it should start as soon as possible to let (old and) new players enjoy the game more:

Who wouldn't say, easy handling and fun is part of a decision to come back to something? :)

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I also was pretty disappointed in the "new GUI". But hey what are we going to do about it.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. benhat

benhat Avatar

i feel a little stupid, but after looking really closely at the current GUI Frames i discovered that there are actually frames around them :)
    very tiny and partly. but like i said i did not even see them until now and i have been playing SOTA for 3 years.
    But yes it is very very tiny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.