How I plan to make my Dungeon worth running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

some of you know that I have big plans for Player made quests including Loot system I have come up with that will pay for itself.

The concept is based on the following features that have been mentioned:

1. Locks for doors and chests (key system)
    -requires the ability to make keys for chests and doors that you can control distribution
    -have the ability to make keys one time use or perm two options to pick (perhaps two recipes to craft keys.)

2.Doors for dungeons that can be used with keys. (this one may take time not sure how they could implements easy. maybe add an object location attached to each entrance? or some spacer that goes between each part?

3. NPC's with scripting, emotes, and ability to offer reward, and or sell an item.
    -this is required for distribution of the keys.

With this three to four things you can now do the following:

1. have your progression through a dungeon require keys to open doors. to control areas and access to chests.
    2. you can have chests that are locked and require specific keys.
    3. You can put specific Loot in chests to distribute.
    4. You can SELL keys for chests to make money to pay for the loot
    5. NPC's can be used to sell, offer free keys for completing a task, as well to direct players to various key locations and or chests.

This opens up the possibility to have class based loot, for crafters to make money stocking loot for other players and their own dungeons to draw in players desire to run dungeons.

This is at least my plans when the systems come out :)

Xee

Astirian, NOM4D, Echondas and 11 others like this.
  2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This also takes into account lock picking. have options on doors and chests for the player to set on their dungeon. This allows you to set a specific key required with no chance to unlock otherwise.

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Awesome Xee. I think that summarises the high water mark of the opportunity, I hope the actual at least approaches it. Of all recent threads I would love to hear what the Devs have to say about your vision and how it relates to tbe reality of what they can deliver technically and in resource terms. @Chris?

4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Have hundreds of pieces gettin rust and dust..Nobody wanted to come inside (only friends for a visit).

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Thanks, I think they already have been working on most of the above based on the information over time from various streams and forum information. Never know though as sometimes ideas change over time based on feed back so there could be another path in the works. I have so many ideas for this game based on the direction I see them going which opens up many things like this which I think its only a matter of when :)

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Keys will be huge. One idea I had would be to require mailing an "enchanted" key to someone (an alt account) to have the enchantment removed, making the key useable. It'd be a dummy key that doesn't open anything. Or, if keys have to be linked to a door or chest, it'd be linked to a chest or door that other players can't access. Then you'd mail them back the "disenchanted" key which would open the door/chest/whatever. You could then use that info to know someone was exploring your dungeon , and make sure the rewards were available. And possibly, you could even use the permissions along with their name from the mail they sent to allow only them access to rewards. It'd be better if this were more automated, but it's a start. Plus, it'd let you know if people were actually exploring your dungeon.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Some other points to mention. It was brought up a long time ago in the stream where they talked about possible options to control how frequently a player can loot.

example that was given was player can only loot once period, and or player can loot once a day, week , month etc.

Adding more finite controls like this along with the mentioned above would give enough flexibility to ensure that the system is not abused.

Belladonna Rose and Jaesun like this.
  8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

There was a couple other dungeon ideas that would really help:

Dungeon to Dungeon Teleporters: This will allow us to link our dungeons together to form large underground passages under our towns (and linking PoT's together). Chris's main issue on this is a large placement AOE limiter around the teleporters so we don't get "hub" dungeons with a bunch of linking right next to each other. I would want to see this linking spot to spot in the dungeon so placing a origin and destination porter (as opposed to the beginning of every dungeon). If I recall the conversation correctly, you can place a teleporter, right click to get a token - place the destination in the second dungeon and right click and place the token to link them together.

I see this also being able to create a cost vs time scenario where you could link several dungeons together but only have "keyed" entrances to ones linked. So you can start at the beginning and play through for free or pay to jump ahead in the harder dungeons. The thought of creating massively connected underground dungeons is a really cool addition.

Master/Destination Loot Chests: The Master would be placed somewhere in the dungeon and filled by the owner with loot. Destination Loot chests would be filled automatically on a timed basis (when empty) by gathering a random amount of loot from the master chest. To make it easier on coding, the "fill" of the chest could happen on chest open just like a monster loot package. Set the container to "Destination" and it will always fill from the Master when opened. Keys and Locks could still apply as could a refresh timer to avoid open, open, open.

More Secret Door Pieces: Yeah, this.

Belladonna Rose, Xee and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.