All done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pubrulz, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pubrulz

Pubrulz Avatar

I am tired of being told (not in these specific words) that my gripes are not worth the devs' time, and that my opinions of terminology and accuracy are not worthy of attention. Inaccuracy leads to confusion. Veteran players are the only ones listened to, and I am not one of them. This game seems to be all about vanity of the players, and not about much else. The graphics are great, and the "Virtues" are great, (if only people would live them in RL), but games are supposed to be something people can turn to to relax/escape the burdens of everyday life. This one does not do that for me. The music feature is really cool, but tedious. I found myself logging in, getting the 3 day blessings, then baffled what to do next. I'm not a min/maxer that can go solo everything, and while I enjoy group play, I am not good at gathering others. I already know my social limitations. Wondering what to do all the time is not entertainment, escape, or relaxation, just monotony. I have discontinued my sub, put my homes in storage, and will most likely never return. I have found another game that while does have some frustrations, provides a soothing environment (sailing to other lands). Episode 2 is supposed to have ships and mounts and other lands, and supposedly will come out by the end of the year, but here's November, and how much of it is out? (I payed for early access, so what exactly did I pay for? Nothing worth my $20, that's for sure.)

Some friendly (hopefully constructive) advice to the devs:
    There is a reason the big game companies are big. Less than 20 people attempting to support hundreds doesn't work well, but I'm sure your bottom line doesn't mind it. Rather than suggesting a feature, then taking 6 months for it to come out, try developing a feature first, QA the hell out of it (this is where you need to hire play testers like most other companies have), and then release it as a working surprise. It's great that you take player suggestions, but this too can be done by QA testers/community managers. Also, your patch notes with almost every release describe features already in the game that the players have noticed (maybe save releasing them until the actual patch day?).

Advice to the other players:
    Be well, be prosperous, and listen to each other. Live the virtues that are portrayed. Even though some of you don't need help with anything, check your friends list and send a tell inviting someone along. They will love you for it. Fare thee well to all.

Edit: I will not be reading or responding to any replies posted here, so don't waste your time with them.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

So the primary complaint you have is lack of content? I'm not seeing a lot of specific complaints here.

3. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

Can I have your stuff then? LOL, just kidding. I hope you come around.

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Start doing all the stuff in your journal?

5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Take care Pub, look me up if you ever change your mind! We have a pretty fun guild :)

NANOC and Girlsname like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This post is worth a read, it is well constructed and flippant responses are both pointless, as the OP is done and gone, and disrespect the thought that went into the post that to my eye sis attempting to be constructive.

I have played SOTA since... R(-10) I think, can't quite remember and never played UO. I wish I had given the love for that game. I did play Tabula Rasa and loved it while it lasted, and I knew of RG and loved his philosophy on life and gaming, so I signed up.

As a casual player and non UO player I am constantly aware of the overriding difference of the player base here to other MMOs I have played, and that is dozens of them, many to great depths and lengths.

I'm not going to discuss or describe these differences other than to say the OP was clearly aware of them as are other casual and non UO players and I imagine the Devs are also aware each time they read the forums.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I am sad to see Pub "take a break from the game" but just wanted to say that I think most or the confusion in this game is when it is compared to a large staffed, large budget, A+ game developed and released thru normal marketing channels. This is a Kickstarter developed game with a limited staff, small budget that is constantly trying to shave expensives, that does produce good content and does listen to users. They may not communicate well and they definitely need more employees, especially customer support and marketing, but they are being hired now. I love the game and am always finding things to do like re-decorate my house or POT. Yes I have spent more money on this game than I should but that also lets me do more stuff. I also like to just go explore and find Easter Eggs or areas I have not been to before.

If you keep in mind that this is not a polished A+ mega game but a game partly built by users input and content I think you will have a good time. If you don't have a POT to invest your time on then join a Guild and become a steward or just work on your free Village lot that you get for completing the end game. Either way HAVE FUN!

jschoice, Sean Silverfoot and Pawz like this.
  8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I think most people who try this game can tell that it's not an A+ developed game. There is quite a few games out now with smaller budgets and less developers have done well for their size.

9. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hope you can find soon a good game for you @Pubrulz, take care and fly safe o/

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

On this part of the post...:rolleyes:

margaritte likes this.
  11. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

What will his $20 get him? Perhaps next month he might be able to visit a new land? Unless your PoT intends to move there, really won't be anything for anyone to do for some time. That's until they put in quests, dungeons, story content etc.

When I first arrived everyone said Ep2 is coming at the end of the year. Now that it's closer you hear that perhaps a single continent will be released by end of 2019 so that PoT owners can move their towns. No talk about new quests or story lines anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.