Does anyone have a sample of the graphics that will be feature in game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AllGamer, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

The sample video graphics are place holders for what's to come,
    according to the fans here.

I'm all for HD graphics in game, and I'm still hesitant to pledge until i can see some sample graphic of what the actual game is going to look like.

will it be Cinematic quality (CryEngine), or will it be just your regular outdated Half Life / Counter Strike type of graphic like shown in the videos?

or would it be more Cartoonist like WOW / Unreal base engine graphics, etc?

2. Tyrael

Tyrael Avatar

As far as the art style, Shroud of the Avatar will feature a traditional medieval fantasy fell, but with a modern twist. It is being developed using the Unity3D game engine and you can view this video to get an idea of what the engine is capable of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cI50qQm5OiM.

3. Tyrael

Tyrael Avatar

To clarify, Shroud of the Avatar is at a very early stage of development and the artistic look and feel is being developed and will evolve as one would expect from a game this early in development.

4. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

Thank you very much for that video sample

that actually gave me a pretty good idea how good or bad the in game graphics can be, and it seems like it really just comes down to the Art Developer's vision

since there are plans for Virtual 3D in SotA, i can just hope they will try to make something better than what's shown in Ravensword or Dead Trigger, those are passable but some what dated for my taste.

at least it looks better than what was featured in the SotA video sample :p

5. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

i'll settle for something like the little bit shown in the Game of Thrones Seven Kingdom, that's passable enough

the the pointy edged graphic from Republique is plain horrible, hope SotA doesn't go that route

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.