League of Skulls Copper Coin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anyone know what the ultimate purpose of this thing is?

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Puuk did. one hopes he passed on his plans to @Sannio.

Barugon, Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where did you find that coin? Was it a drop from a Skull Clipper?

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

My understanding was that these were going to be used in further expansion of those questlines. Unfortunately those questlines were added to the game shortly before the uhh...personnel changes and I think the guy who made those questlines no longer works for the company. I expect at some point in the future someone else will pick up the thread and continue the quest, but I'm guessing that more pressing priorities (including a revamp of the quest system) will probably have to get done first.

Numa, FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I suspect it will remain unfinished. I get the feeling that once/when ep2 content begins appearing, dealing with unfinished ep1 content will go from taking a back seat to riding in the trunk with the other dead hookers.

Though, I suppose the League could establish a presence in the new lands and get a resolution from there, but I'd be surprised if that happens.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I have to think others knew the general direction of things. At least, I would like to think the devs weren't allowed to just insert whatever they wanted without telling anyone.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you go to the Soltown sewers, you'll find a Skull Orator there who will give you a quest. If you complete the quest the quest, he'll give you the coin.

Numa likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL!

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok. I have been specifically not helping them. I don’t think they like me much....

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Speaking of unfinished quests, there is a hidden crypt under a hill in Elad's that i stumbled upon more than a year ago. Was quite startled since it was something I didn't expect to find in a PRT.

Looked like an adventure scene which was never finished. The skeletons lying on their raised tombs were quite detailed.

Somebody told me before that there were plans to make Elads have the same quest structures as an NPC town. The lighthouse offshore also had hints of a possible quest - not sure if that ever pushed through.

Wouldn't mind at all if these potential scenes were tied into the League of Skull Copper coins storyline. At least they would have a purpose and the effort put into them wouldn't be wasted.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  11. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

The geography zone of Elad's Light house was inspired by Ireland. I had a conversation with @Sea-Wolf , the developer alumnus who designed this zone. He put in some Easter Eggs related to the Princess Bride movie. The "reference...at the top of the cliffs" in Sea-Wolf's post below refers to one of the Easter Eggs.

He mentioned the burial mound/crypt (as well as a ruined church) and said they were based on real-world locations in Ireland, but were not Easter Eggs and were not related to Princess Bride. Also, he did not mention any quests related to these locations, so I suspect they are just interesting details that he created to make his worlds worth exploring. :)

Indeed it would be nice to tie in some of these unique locations with new or unfinished quests. Perhaps even player made quests?
    [Sorry for the off Topic!].
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Birko, Anpu, Daxxe Diggler and 2 others like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Rinaldi that's a great story! Thanks for telling us about the fascinating background behind Elad's creation :)

Rinaldi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.