1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Secondary or multiple guild option

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Nick, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

It was requested for back in 2015? (probably earlier)

I wish that the avatar can join more than one guild. 1 primary guild, and 1 or several secondary guilds. (ie merchant associations guild, book writers guild, town resident guild etc)

Mine request is more selfish I guess. I would like to offer lots with vendors for players to use more easily. checking the box to share the lot is easier than adding permissions to lots and vendors.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would love an option for this. I really want to get into PvP, with an actual group or guild, but my guild is a guild of PvEers, we have merchants, decorators, farmers, and some guys who can clear most PvE content no problem, but I am pretty much the only one who actually PvPs at all. Once held a friendly guild sparring session, and the only one who could defeat me was Dax who has like 17 times my exp.

If I could join a side guild for anything PvP related I would be so happy, because my other PvP experiences were getting my ass handed to be by Gradios and I cant remember who when I was respeccing on Fzols stream, clearly out matched (at least for me).

Many people also want to start tree specific guilds, like Jaath and his tamers guild, and I'm sure some would like a bard's guild, or School of music kind of thing.

This is a great idea!

3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Submitted this kind of concept to Chris awhile back about 'sub guilds' with war declaration deferment and a charter system. Basically you could have a huge 100 player guild with PvE and PvP players in the same guild, but there would be 2 guild leaders. The main guild leader could appoint a PvP commander to their guild - which essentially would create a sub-guild inside of the main guild.

The main guild leader would still have authority over the PvP commander, but after the commander and sub guild are created, this would allow the main guild leader to delegate the responsibility of dealing with PvP war declarations. The main guild leader would still be able to accept or reject war declarations, but if he/she chose to 'auto defer all war declarations option' to the PvP commander then it would be that person's responsibility to handle all PvP activities in the guild. You might view the sub-guild as the 'combat arm' of the main guild.

The charter system would allow the guild leader and pvp commander to assign charters to the main guild, and the pvp sub-guild to determine it's structure. For example, in the main guild the Guild Leader may want to be a monarch and have all of the administrative power, but the pvp sub-guild might have their own separate charter that allows them to have an Inner Council to share the administrative duties among the council. This would be useful if guilds were declaring war on multiple guilds or adding allies, and the main PvP commander (sub-guild leader) is not available, etc. The charter system could also determine ranks and titles within the guilds, so that players could bestow their own guild rewarded titles.

So you essentially have 2 guilds in one, and what would happen is that the majority of the regular PvP players would be moved over to the sub-guild. This sub-guild would have it's own chat channel, but they would also have access to the main guild chat. Doing it this way, when a war declaration is accepted with an enemy guild - the PvP flag on all members inside of the PvP sub-guild would be turned on for the duration of the war. But because it's a sub-guild, it would not affect the players in the main guild. The members of the main guild could still be PvE and PvP flagged as normal, but they wouldn't be able to participate in the active wars of the pvp sub-guild.

Trade Wars (or competitions) might be handled in a similar way.

If you were a PvP guild you wouldn't need to create a sub-guild you could function as a normal guild that handles all of the war declarations, but you could still assign a charter to determine guild structure.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's on the 2020 vision doc.

Anpu, Nick and Ancev like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Nice to know. Maybe we should list functionality wishlist here then. Else given track record, we might just end up with additional guild chats with different font colour and it’s ticked and completed.:p

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Meh.
    Never liked that idea.
    But as there will be no PvP that might invalidate this one we might as well get it into game.
    @Nick a feature list sounds like a good idea.

From a guild officers point of view it would be good if one could see who of your guild is in more than one. Possibly even in which additional guild he/she is if that isn't too much "Stasi-Style".

7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Got my vote for different types of guilds that would not compete with each other: at the least, for town associations and trade guilds (the actual original meaning of guild). So you could be in only one town association at a time, but your town membership wouldn't affect your membership in other types of guilds.

craftymethod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.