Pitchforks against assumptions & false allegations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgathys, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I would like to bring a sensitive subject to the table concerning the 'ERG bots' because I have this impression of being concerned by these allegations which has been going on for a long time now.

Because of this pandemic and the nature of our work, some of us are fortunate enough to farm ERG for many hours a day. I do not know where this new inquisitive tendency comes from to believe that all those present at ERG are bots but the scale that it took on different official channels such the Official Stream of Shroud of The Avatar and the forum disapoint me at highest point.

There are even people who put their alarms at 3am to try to prove that we were bots but his attempt fizzled out... Or a certain XXXXXXX (fictitious name to hide his identity) who joined our group by being nice and discussing while bragging our banishment on Chris stream. Or another XXXXXXXX (fictitious name) also wishing our banishment when he was seen several time doing 'ring of fire' in loop for hours at the entrance to the ERG instance without ever answering my messages. The level of hypocrisy is unprecedented.

I can understand that back in the days, the experience per hour was not as abundant as today and that some people feel that we have it easy, or even afraid to be catched up in terms of adv. level and losing their advantages in PVP... who knows their motivations behind this inquisition but this is not a valid reason to go after players who spend several hours on the game.

However, what I am asking today is that harassment stops. I have my place as much as anyone in Shroud of the Avatar and I find it disgusting that a `boys band` comes to damage my reputation only based on assumptions and false allegations.

I hope my message will be heard and that harassment/intimidation stops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2020
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Suspected bots should be reported to the devs. It is then up to the devs to investigate and decide what actions, if any, are needed.

Harassment doesn't help anyone.

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, please. Report bots. Report harassment. We'll do our best to work through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.