Housing Compared to UO

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sage, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaldimar

Zaldimar Avatar

I can't believe no one requested the skull gate to baba Yaga's hut from Hero's Quest a.k.a. Quest for Glory I.

Jeremiah and Ned888 like this.
  2. Natalliya

Natalliya Avatar

Ahh, but that format in Fel was amazing. Our compound was a huge area, and we worked together to try to run out strangers, and take over their spots. So much fun back then. :p

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Pink flamingos? Sounds like Disney Infinity to me. :)

4. Covetous

Covetous Avatar

I have to agree with this. The way it's set up so far is much too orderly. Every plot is the same as every other plot and they're basically all arranged in a perfect grid. Too symmetrical.

As for UO, and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved UO housing (prior to Age of Shadows). I really liked that UO allowed housing in the wilderness, not just in towns (in fact in UO you couldn't place in a town at all - only on the outskirts). That said, UO did go a little overboard with the huge open fields everywhere and allowing houses to go anywhere you could cram one in. I think I prefer the preset plots of SotA, but again, I'd rather see them be more varied, and some wilderness spots would also be nice. I, personally, have no interest in living in a large population center. I'd rather be out in the wilderness somewhere. Even in UO, I always tried to get a house that had as few other houses around as possible.

Kal, Lord Baldrith and Mordecai like this.
  5. Ara

Ara Avatar

I dont think the ones that wont have a house agree with you.

I dont.

6. Reco Elgred

Reco Elgred Avatar

The only thing I'm worried about with housing is the lack of house pvp, for example being red on UO and being attacked by 10 people you could run into a house, you could also know where to find red players because there was a hotspot for reds houses.

7. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

When I first started playing UO I had no idea that housing was in such short supply. I decided I was going to own a tower and so the saving began.
    Had no idea that there was absolutely no chance of actually placing it once I'd saved enough to purchase the deed.
    We had areas with one small house taking up the space of 3-4 houses just so that they could be "upgraded" in the future - once again meaning more people would not be able to place even the smallest of houses.

Although I'm not overly keen on the ordered line-by-line lots, the alternative is a free for all and that only works if you're lucky enough to be placing housing early on.

8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I agree with the love for the old UO architecture (had a sandstone house, myself), since it was pretty cool to furnish and set the place up where you could kick back, and relax with friends or just enjoy the place between farming.

The placement system really sucked though, especially for large sized homes. There were literally houses EVERYWHERE in the world, to the point that it almost became ludicrous trying to navigate around the huge subdivision developments that coated the entire landscape. ;)

9. RTM

RTM Avatar

UO housing sucked bad. Looked like crap, idiots placing houses everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.