Property & Guilds

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Francis_Marsten, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

Is there is a distinction between private property and guild property?

Is there special property reserved for guilds only?

So far towns are the only place a player can acquire housing, are there plans for any other kinds of locations for player housing. For example a forest location on the map where players can enter like a town, in this location you'd had a limited number of lots of forest cabins and the sort?

Also can a player own more than 1 home? I can see this in the situation a guild leader owns several properties the guild uses.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That last scenario was me at one time. Apparently purchasable land is limited but if I can only own 1 property I'll be sorely disappointed. I wasn't left with that impression though.

3. Dryzz

Dryzz Avatar

True however there should be some limitation so the game doesn't develop into a bunch of wealthy land barons owning the entire village/town and erecting a bunch of slums. lol.

However, I think having player housing exist in the "real world" and guild housing exist as some kind of extra dimensional stronghold would be cool. however if inter-guild warfare were to be an option it'd be cool if guilds could assault other guild's strongholds.

4. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

How the game world works, towns are essentially extra dimensional places. So @Dryzz your concept is probably technically quite feasible. Would also be pretty interesting add-on for guild based play.

5. Master Kush

Master Kush Avatar

What is interesting here is that who owns a house should be able to make it a guild's HQ. this should be freely done without a problem.

I believe that house places should be limited and regulated, just as any rudimentary level social structure, but of course, special situations require special actions. If the reason would be good enough the admins would be able to open exceptions on people wanting to house @ the wild.

This would be Sweet baby!! Sweet!

6. beastvold

beastvold Avatar

I really like the idea of having guilds with communal guild houses available only for members.

I have been playing extensively in an online MUD, Aardwolf. In that game, they have clans that are created around player interests - role playing, PvP, newbie help, creative design, social relationships, etc. The number of clans are limited in the game, and each clan has its own levels of leadership and administration. Clans have their own halls, with vendors, "graveyards" (where you get transported to at death), donation rooms, meeting spots, and more.

In a world like the one here, guilds could play a huge role in promoting in-game creativity - putting on plays, crafting artistic design, throwing community events, caretaking public buildings (like libraries, museums, or zoos), etc. Guilds would also provide shared housing for those players that can't afford to purchase a house (especially if housing is extremely limited, which seems to be the case).

Any thoughts here? And is anyone familiar with any other forum threads with similar ideas? These discussions grow faster than I can read them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.