1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68215] Desolis - Corsten cannot take a blanket horse for conversion

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

11/05/2020 18:37
    Title: Tamed horse turn in npc got confused, gave me wrong type of mount
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?

Details: I was really happy to see that the npcs would accept a horse tamed on a wooden taming necklace, since that is what new players first see in the outskirts areas. When I had tamed horses on both types of necklace in my inventory the npc seemed to randomly choose between wooden and crafted taming necklaces. After I had traded all of one type of necklace the npc still seemed to randomly ask for it but I assumed that was because I had started the conversation with that type of necklace in my inventory and it worked fine when I canceled and tried again.

That first interaction was with Nob in owl's head. I then went and tamed a few more horses on wooden necklaces and tried to trade them to the tactics trainer in Desolis. He still seemed to sometimes ask for the crafted necklaces even though I only had the wooden ones. Then when I gave him a tamed Palomino he gave me a Blanket horse mount! And after that when I said 'blanket horse' he always asked for a palomino necklace.

EDIT: I've seen other people in chat mentioning issues with this. It may not have gotten confused as much as maybe the particular NPC (master tactics trainer Corsten) has a bug so he always asks for a palomino necklace when you say blanket horse.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Tame different horses on both wooden and crafted taming necklaces. Go to Corsten in Desolis and try to trade them all in for mounts.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1308.Date.11.05.20
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-329.2, 117.9, -125.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTMyOS4yMjksIDExNy44NjgsIC0xMjUuMjg5KXwoMCwgLTAuOTYzLCAwLCAtMC4yNyl8MTM4Ljk3Njh8MjQuODY2ODN8Mi42ODQ1MDE=

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  2. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

11/08/2020 17:50
    Title: Cant trade in Blanket Horse for mount to corsten
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When I try to turn in a Blanket horse to corsten to upgrade it to a mount, it keep asking me for a palomino Taming necklace. Unable to get the Blanket ridable horse mount.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32699
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1309.Date.11.06.20
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-321.1, 118.0, -136.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTMyMS4wNjYsIDExNy45NSwgLTEzNi4zMzcpfCgwLCAwLjksIDAsIC0wLjQzNil8MjA4Ljc3OTh8MjMuNDI3NjJ8Mi40NDk3MjU=

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. i tried all three horses at all five tamers and only this one was glitched.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and extra details. Issue #68215

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Corsten now correctly wants a blanket horse when you say 'blanket horse' (and gives you a blanket horse mount in return)

The only issue still remaining is it still sometimes asks for the wrong type of necklace (taming necklace vs wooden taming necklace) but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be detecting what is in your inventory or if it is working as designed. If it asks the wrong one and you cancel a few times it will eventually ask for the type of necklace you want to trade in so it might just be programmed to be random.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  6. Alley Oop

ah, i did not test the wooden ones and don't know how that's supposed to be handled. @Sannio?

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The NPC's conversation detects if you have a wooden or non-wooden taming necklace in your pack (but it doesn't know what's assigned to the necklace--that would require new tech) and talks about the one you have. If you have both types, it picks randomly one to talk about.

When you get the trade window, we have new tech that specifically detects the specific animal assigned to the taming necklace and allows for the correct trade.

Gwendolyn Obscuro and Anpu like this.
  8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Thanks for the explanation! Everything seems to be working as intended now. I carry a crazy number of taming necklaces with me at all times, crafted and wooden, with pet and empty, I just did not have horses on both types when I spoke to him. It makes sense he would then pick which type randomly and it is easy enough to cancel and retrigger the trade a couple of times until he asks for the one I want to give him.

Kelly O'Shay and Sannio like this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I don't like the new mount. My original was a solid color.
    The one I received is mountable but is two tone.
    How can I revert it back to what it was and/or not mounted?

Also, my tamed Nightmare horse is not accepted by the stable boy in Owls.
    Is that a bug or 'working as intended'?

10. Alley Oop

you cannot. if you wish to ask for a replacement because of the bug (that was fixed in patch 1311) please email support.

working as intended. anyone can get a free horse by taming in game, but nightmares, unicorns, ghosts, and other special mounts are crown store items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.