1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please Greatly Increase Adventurer Exp in Lower Tier Zones

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Wilfred, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

They can do so without gaining at that rate, too.

I can agree that we need more varied ways to earn decent xp. I was hoping that scaling difficulty would be applied to older scenes to give us more higher level options using existing rarely visited scenes, but that has yet to happen. But I don't think ERG should be used as a yardstick. Current rates are fine, and ERG is too much. Giving everybody the ability to earn 8M an hour in pretty much any scene is just going to kill the game that much faster. It's also a bit of a middle finger to everybody who slogged their way to this point without double or quadruple xp. It wasn't fun, and now suddenly I could have just not played for three years and then made up the time in a month?

You do you, I guess. It's hard to talk people out of wanting to get free stuff for no reason other than that they want it.

2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

For all that is holy... PLEASE do not use ERG as a yardstick... When the Drunken Elders run it (and I am online) I go... but I almost go comatose because there is nothing fun at ALL about sitting there click on the same icon or hitting the same key(s) over and over because there is no need to do anything else.

Unless things changed, I was able to hit Adv Lvl 50 in a couple of days worth of playtime just from running around and doing all of the quests available in the game, and that was before exp was at its current insane gain rate. After that, there are plenty of places to go and grind your way up to 100.

Yes, it is easier to do that grouping with friends, but that is, and has been, the case in every MMO ever.

Its not like you can't do what the ERG runners do at lower levels, as there are plenty of places to go farm creatures you can kill where the respawn rate is fast enough (just not ERG fast) to get a respectable amount of exp an hour. Honestly you don't even need that kind of exp gain until after you hit AL 100 anyway.

The answer is simple... just play the game and have fun.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.