Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chat interface is not very user friendly

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Doppelganger [MGT], Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

When it comes to multi-player, the current chat interface is not very user friendly. It has two tabs, both which are both set to "local". To speak to someone individually, you have to use a w/ (name) command, which is quite cumbersome in real time. I feel we should be able to select a player in game by double clicking them, and have that bring up a private chat box. If not that, perhaps make the first tab "local" and the second one "individual" or "private" so when you are in the second tab, you will speak only to the person you have selected. That way there is a dedicated tab for each.

Either way, the whole w/ command scheme to whisper/private chat is not very user friendly while in real time gaming.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. strife

strife Avatar

I think the 1 tab, 2 tab is more geared towards being able to talk to npc's and chatting in the local world in the multi-player setting. I agree it needs some different features and some tweaking.

I don't like that I am way on the other end of a scene and people in local still see my chat in town. It would be cool if chatting had a range to it like Ultima Online it was limited to who was on the screen.

NRaas likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

LB doesn't want private chats if I understood it correctly. He wants a realistic chat where everyone in you vicinity can "hear"what you are saying just like in real life.

4. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

So, set double-clicking the individual to activate whisper mode. Easy-peasy.

NRaas and Doppelganger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.