Having Fun and A Different Path

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Powersurge45, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Hey all,

You have seen some good posts and some not so great posts in the past from me. There are vast portions of our game that I absolutely love and there is so much to do. I created another character and I havent done the starter area in years and i'm impressed with the improvements. Sometimes we get locked into a certain set of tasks that we complete once our character has a clear "direct path to power" and we do not open our mind to covering a different path or going another way. The sheer scope of all there is to learn in our game from Adventuring, to the glyph system and deck types to the vast chasm that is harvesting resources and all the nuances with crafting. Farming and Fishing to cooking and all the tasks in between along with the massive decoration and housing items available including dungeons and dungeon creation and maintenance. It literally takes YEARS to absorb most of the content available and I daresay I have still only scratched the surface.

My point is we need to support the twitch streamers and open a dialogue with the gaming communities across all platforms. Our game needs more exposure. Sure there will be some gamers that do not like the "pace or graphical look" of our game, but there so many more that can see this game is truly a Masterpiece. There are all kinds of trade and commerce opportunities in the game and the economy has some of the greatest potential going for any game out there today. We just need to find more players. I encourage all the older players that have gotten into a routine, to break that routine and help get these new players started. Sometimes just by helping a new player get started it will prompt them to talk about the game to their other gaming buddies and it will help build our community. I'm exploring magic tree combinations that I have not dared explore with my new character and it is like playing a brand new game.

I have 20 things that i need to do on this new character. It is all possible because i stepped back and took a look at all the content the game has to offer and chose the path not often travelled. So spend some time in those newbie areas...bring some potions and scrolls with you to help them get started. Teach them about their xp pool and remind them to relax and enjoy the journey!!

2. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

The problem with our game not getting visibility is due to the lack of Quality Of Life aspect. When a new player tries this game the quickly notice how it is not user friendly and how hard it is to do the simple things that you would expect from a modern MMO.

We have been used to work arounds and new players do not know and expect these work around, so therefore leaving the game and having bad experience of the game. If you look at the top 5 MMO around it is not that they are way better than our game, it's the fact that they make you feel welcome and make every aspect of the game fun and acceptable to new players and returning players. QOL is extremely important to them and they know that this is best way to attract player base.

3. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I agree with you 100% Azazel...100%...I was just looking for ways for us as players to help with that situation while the dev team works to make those first few steps a player makes in our world impactful and fun.

FrostII likes this.
  4. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Sannio has added this.
    • Well of Aldur: Added “piles of scales and refuse” on wyvern platform as additional but alternate means to collect wyvern loot instead of skinning. The piles restock in later waves of the wyvern battle and provide the same loot as wyverns. SOTA-68729
    I don't see it working, @Sannio how does this work can you explain to use how to use it? We need to be out of combat to use it? Does the container put stuff you have missed or does all loot go in there? Do we not need to skin the Wyvern anymore. More details is needed please. That statement above doesn't explain anything to us.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

There are four piles, and all are empty by default. Just before the final wave, two of the piles restock with tier 10 wyvern loot, the same as you would get if you skinned a wyvern. After the final wave, the remaining two piles restock--one with tier 10 wyvern loot, the other with tier 14 wyvern loot. The piles function as containers like treasure chests and you must be out of combat mode in order to loot them. The loot they offer is in addition to whatever loot you might get from skinning the wyverns. (There is no new tech that collects any loot you missed.)

6. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Thanks for the explanation. Much apricated.

FrostII and Sannio like this.
  7. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Sannio Please can you explain something to me please or if someone else can give us this information.

Carapacian cloth chest has 4% Critical chance bonus how do I know how much critical chance and damage that I am doing? I have done /stats to look at my data and this is the information I have. But I cannot decipher it can you please give us more detail please?

SpellCriticalChanceBonus: 0.34
    SpellCriticalDamageMultiplier: 12.28

So these two stats what does it amount to when I am playing my game? What % is the critical spell chance, what is the critical damage. This is the information we would like to know?

How does INT ratio translate to Critical Chance and also normal damage? Same goes for DEX and STR. Does 1 INT equate to 10 damage, if you can provide us this information it would be much apricated.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sorry, @AzazelReborn , I'm not familiar with that system and can't answer your stats question.

Anpu likes this.
  9. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

10. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

I think it means that each spell you cast (flame arrow, for instance) has a higher chance of being a critical hit.
    If you go to a practice dummy and shoot a bunch of flame arrows with said 4% bonus, and then remove the armor and shoot the same amount, you should notice the difference in the combat log.

Edit: You might be saying "4% is barely anything". Well, that's true - but it adds up when you use multiple bolts of cloth. Epic cloth chest uses 10x bolts of cloth, for example.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

each piece adds up. and if you are sun spec enlighten also adds to this. As to int details Id love to know this as well.

I have 19% crit chance bonus from Enlighten, as well the armor which puts it around 30% with out int factored into things. my int between my two decks are 400-510int so would be great to know the numbers :)

12. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

What do you mean?

13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

means when I change my deck between my death build and my sun build which also changes weapons and armor I can be around 400 for death currently and 510 for sun.

Jekyll Endros likes this.
  14. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

@Xee do you wear lots of artifacts for this bonus.... I'm curious how some people can get to 400 or 500 in a stat. I think one of my builds is like a 300 200 100 str, dex, int but i dont use much artifacts as it has been super difficult to get at my level and I just do crafting which was suppose to give the best results. Even at all 3 and 3 gear it is extremely difficult to get that high....

I will also just say i have been here since before pre release my character has only ever been a solo player i have over 2,000 hours into the game and I have been working through al 90 through 100 my producer level 86 current al 96. I'm not a hard core min, maxer... I'm more casual but i feel like all my time I've always just been missing something

Ysold likes this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I do wear artifacts but its the enchants / mw's as well my skills that give me my high levels. my enlighten for example is over 152 which brings a lot of int. just like most melee classes will either have the str buff way up there or dex buff way up there. my weapons alone give me a lot. a staff for example that I carry has 33int on it. with new foods you also can get int, and same with the potions. with potions you can increase the potencies through various channels to take it up further. every part adds up.

Ysold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.