1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Will there be any chance of SOA offering monthly payments for towns?

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by shypwreck, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

Will there be any chance of SOA offering monthly payments for towns?

I just cannot afford the upfront price. I would like to invest more into SOA, I can afford monthly payments.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I don't know if it's still possible. But, they used to take Crowns of the Obsidians for towns. It was a manual thing though.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i thought the crowns for towns was just upgrades, not the intial purchase, but it's worth asking about

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

I purchased my POT Lained using only crowns possibly the first as it required a manual process by a dev since the add-on store isn't set up to accept crowns.

[​IMG]

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

Ask a Governor to place a Player owned town sign post (1,000 COTOs) within their town and place lot markers near it =) Can name the sign post =) so it's like a town within a town!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yup, you're right Alley. Initial purchases are regular payment only from the webstore.

Upgrades can be COTOs and players just need to put in a support ticket and let me know where the COTO's are or they can send them to my character via in-game mail and let me know they're sent. Those upgrades are directly related to the value increase, so if to increase your town size requires an increase of 800 in value, that'd be 80000 COTOs. Value transfers are also possible with a Major Work Request Voucher, meaning 1 town can shrink, and that value can transfer to 1 town to grow. Also town mergers are possible with a Major Work Request Voucher, which is essentially a value transfer but one town will disappear form the world. And of course town transfers between players are possible with a Major Work Request Voucher.

If ever someone purchased a new town with COTOs, that was an aberration that we don't usually offer and aren't planning to advertise as an offering. Some odd things have happened through the years, and a lot of this has been normalized now. Perhaps one day this becomes a standard offering, but likely no time soon.

No current plans for a town subscription or payment plan. Some folks just set aside X dollars a month, and when they have enough, they make the purchase. I know it can be difficult to do so if money is tight, but perhaps one day we reopen layaway plans like we used to do for pledges, but that'll add a customer support element to our work load. We are having discussions about a smaller starting town size, but absolutely no ETA on that, sorry :(

Time Lord, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Other Options...

@shypwreck , make sure you know what you're getting for such a large investment. Currently, I think it means more just owning property deeds, as those actually hold true power to shape any town with. Within many of our current POTS (Player Owned Towns), "some are becoming ghost towns" where very few players actually live/play. I do own a POT (The Time Tunnel), only 2 players live in it, yet it's lots are filled with lot deeds of my own + one other resident. If I had a mind to, I could move into one of the abandoned or mostly empty POTs and setup my camp there, as long as their lots were set by the POT's owner as open instead of reserved. In the POT named "Wizards Rest" (a POT owned by many yet managed/mayor by one with a few Stewards), I sometimes have as many as 5 lot's and at other times 1 to 3 depending on what I wish to fill in the blanks with for different decoration fun. As one of that POT's "Stewards", I could also place decoration things outside the lots, yet I prefer if that's all handled through other Stewards or our Governor. I could also move into 2 other POTs with which I partly own the same as or contributed to, Berant's Reach, The Caverns Under Neath or Wizard's Rest because I made sizable donations for their expansions or I outright bought it and then gave it away to certain special groups of people.

As I see it, it's the lots that are open in any ( player owned or NPC ) town and the property deeds you own that truly matter within "decoration power" to dramatically effect any of them.

Then there's SOTA's 3rd option, which is to play offline where, you can't own a POT, but if you have enough property deeds, as I do, you can literally fill any NPC town with your property deeds and basically own that NPC town. You can't place decorations outside of the NPC town's lots, but when you own so many lots in that NPC Town, then you do set the overall look of the place through those lots. For example, I own the entire NPC town of Kingsport "offline", because I own that many lot deeds to fill that NPC town with. In that way, I decorate that town, enhancing it's natural (unchangeable) developer decorated beauty of it.

I wanted to let you know about all this, because there's so many options when it comes to playing SOTA and I play them all. Yes offline play takes away the multi-player aspect of the game, but even within our main game, it's likely that you won't see every person on the screen that is actually playing it, because SOTA has a system where we see our friends and some of their friends from time to time, but we most likely won't see everyone who plays online unless we develop more connections (making more friends). This is why with each person I see within our online game, I make a habit to send them a friend's request, whether or not we will ever see each other again, because I am then connected to their circle of friends which I may then see. But if you don't make any friends requests or have any other actions with them, you will see very few of us that actually play, because we may be hidden to you, unless we have a connection. SOTA is strange in that way and totally unique the way our developers did it.

I just wanted to share some of the options I use when it comes to interacting, owning or becoming an invested or trusted Steward with POTs. But mind you that, within such a large place as Berant's Reach, it's highly unlikely that everyone can be Stewards, no matter if you've invested in it or not, because it has a "governing body and Governor" which you could ask to move something around outside of the things within your own lot, Similar to the town of Wizards Rest. Both of these places are governed by such wonderful people, that I would rarely ask them to move around anything, because they're so much better at it than I am ;)

Those are just a few thoughts of the endless possibilities here in our game. You may have known some or all of them, but I just wanted to let you know how I roll around in all of this o_O... and BTW, I'm the last person to be asking about technical things around here, but I've been around enough to know the people who do :D which helps me in everything dealing with all the technical deepness which is our SOTA. It's a gaming lifestyle! :cool:

I hope you find your way well @shypwreck !
    [​IMG]
    :)~Time Lord~

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.