1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please Let Players Buy and Sell Partial Stacks on Vendors

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Wilfred, Oct 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    This question was posted in the Friday stream chat:

38:28 Valkaryiie: !question
    When are we expecting to get the vendor update so that people can input a quantity purchase? It was mentioned in a stream over a year ago and those of us who sell at lot of things like regs are dying stocking all of our vendors x100 at a time when we are selling tens of thousands.

October 2 - Friday stream with Atos and FISH! All Q&A!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/758725822

----------

Please add the ability to buy and sell partial stacks of items on player vendors.

So players can just list one large item stack for sale, instead of having to list a bunch of small stacks.
    And so players can just list one large purchase order, instead of having to list a bunch of small purchase orders.
    And so players can buy part of an item stack, or fulfill part of a purchase order.

----------

How Partial Stacks could work for Sales:

For example, say I wanted to sell 10,000 Raw Cotton at 4,200 gold per 1,000 Cotton.
    That would be 4.2 gold per 1 Cotton.
    Since there is no way to pay 4.2 gold for 1 Cotton,
    I would need to sell the Cotton with a minimum stack size of 10 Cotton for 42 gold.

So here is how the interface could work:
    - Go to "Manage Inventory" tab on Vendor
    - Drag 10,000 Raw Cotton to "Your Items Listed For Sale"
    - Box pops up with two fields:
    --- Stack Size:
    --- Stack Price:

For the example above, I would input 10 for the Stack Size, and 42 gold for the Stack Price.
    The Cotton would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x10 (1,000)", with a price of 42 gold.

If a buyer wanted to purchase 50 Raw Cotton, they would click the "Raw Cotton x10 (1,000)" listing. A box with a number slider would pop up the same way it does on NPC vendors. The buyer would input 5 for the number of stacks they want to purchase, and then complete the exchange.
    After this sale, the remaining Cotton would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x10 (995)".

If I wanted to sell another 10,000 Raw Cotton at a discount for higher volume purchasers, I could create a listing with a Stack Size of 100, and a Stack Price of 415 gold.
    The Cotton would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x100 (100)", with a price of 415 gold.

If a buyer wanted to purchase 200 Raw Cotton, they would click the "Raw Cotton x100 (100)" listing, input 2 for the number of stacks they want to purchase, and then complete the exchange.
    After this sale, the remaining Cotton would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x100 (98)".

If I wanted to sell 48 crafted chairs (assuming they stack) in stacks of 6 at 150 gold per chair, I would input 6 for the Stack Size, and 900 gold for the Stack Price.
    The chairs would be listed as: "Chair x6 (8)", with a price of 900 gold.

If I wanted to sell the 48 chairs individually, I would input 1 for the Stack Size, and 150 gold for the Stack Price.
    The chairs would be listed as: "Chair x1 (48)", with a price of 150 gold.

This partial stack Sales system would allow sellers to easily list items for sale in large quantities,
    and it would allow buyers to easily buy whatever amounts they want.

----------

How Partial Stacks could work for Purchase Orders:

For example, say I want to place a Purchase Order on my vendor for 5,000 Raw Cotton at 4,100 gold per 1,000 Cotton (4.1 gold per Cotton).

Here is how the interface could work:
    - Go to "Manage Orders" tab on Vendor
    - Drag Raw Cotton to "Your Purchase Orders"
    - Box pops up with three fields:
    --- Stack Size:
    --- Stack Price:
    --- Stack Quantity: (Number of Stacks)

(The Stack Quantity field should probably be added to the sales interface as well.
    That way players would not have to drag over a specific item amount when selling items.)

For the example above, I would input 10 for the Stack Size, 41 gold for the Stack Price, and 500 for the Stack Quantity.
    The Purchase Order would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x10 (500)", with a price of 41 gold.

If someone wanted to sell me 50 Cotton, they would click the "Raw Cotton x10 (500)" listing. A box with a number slider would pop up like it does on NPC vendors. The seller would input 5 for the number of stacks they want to sell, and then complete the exchange.
    After this exchange, the remaining Purchase Order would be listed as: "Raw Cotton x10 (495)".

If I wanted to place a Purchase Order for 200 Beetles at 900 gold each, I would input:
    --- Stack Size: 1
    --- Stack Price: 900
    --- Stack Quantity: 200
    The Purchase Order would be listed as: "Beetle Carapace x1 (200)", with a price of 900 gold.

If someone wanted to sell me 3 Beetles, they would click the "Beetle Carapace x1 (200)" listing. A box with a number slider would pop like it does on NPC vendors. The seller would input 3 for the number of stacks they want to sell, and then complete the exchange.
    After this exchange, the remaining Purchase Order would be listed as: "Beetle Carapace x1 (197)".

This partial stack Purchase Order system would allow buyers to easily place large purchase orders,
    and it would allow sellers to easily fulfill however much of the purchase order they want.

----------

The details above are originally from a series of posts I made in this thread:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ing-vendor-requests.79544/page-4#post-1281970

----------

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  2. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    This question was submitted on the Twitch stream chat yesterday:

----------

November 13 - Friday stream with JUST ATOS! Rapid fire Q&A starting at 4PM.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/801942854

40:38 shawnbutts: !question
    when can we expect some vendor interface improvements. managing orders could be less painful.

----------

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  3. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Related request from @Arkah EMPstrike :

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?posts/1307355/

----------

Mac G likes this.
  4. Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill Avatar

+1

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Here are some related requests from a recent forum discussion:

The Great NPC Merchant Debate
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-great-npc-merchant-debate.167626/

----------

Elwyn, Dollar Bill, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.