1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Foraging Nodes Going Inert When Accessing

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Netavarious, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Netavarious

Netavarious Avatar

03/21/2021 20:27
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Constant
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Upon attempting to forage a foraging node, get a two second motion from the Forestry emote (without any tool/axe/sickle in hands.), then node becomes "inert", unable to access node, and no results or crafting materials. ONLY happening on foraging nodes (Raw Cotton, Garlic, Hoppers, etc.). Other gathering nodes appear to be working correctly. Tested and getting same results in several zones. Replaced sickle to verify it wasn't a tool-issue, and no change. Tried restarting game, restarting Steam, verified local files, and restarted computer...no change.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to access any foraging node for gathering.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8) System RAM: 12278
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.1359.Date.03.17.21
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_02
    Area Display Name: North Brightbone Woods
    Loc: (21.5, 25.8, 59.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDJ8fCgyMS40ODUsIDI1Ljc3OSwgNTkuMjAzKXwoMCwgLTAuMjg1LCAwLCAtMC45NTkpfDM5My4yNTgxfDEyLjQyODR8Ny41NTA1MzU=

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wasn't able to observe any issues harvesting any of the Copper, Iron, Pine, Maple or Cotton Plants in this scene at least for me. I entered the scene alone with the Multiplayer setting set to Party, if that matters. I have all harvesting prosperity tools equipped.

03/21/2021 20:20
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Loc: (146.4, 28.6, 152.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDJ8fCgxNDYuNDA0LCAyOC41ODgsIDE1Mi4zMTgpfCgwLCAwLjk5NiwgMCwgLTAuMDkxKXwxNjMuODI1MnwyNy4yMjc0MXwxOA==

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. Netavarious

Netavarious Avatar

UPDATE: The bug is not repeating in swamp, desert, and mountain zones....just the forest zones like Brightbone and West Sanctus.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Does this happen on every node all the time, or just sometimes when harvesting a node?

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

For whatever it contributes to this discussion, I can basically replicate this issue at will in North Brightbone Woods on the trees. I cannot chop down any of the trees I've tried to chop down there. I don't remember having the issue on anything but trees but I will double-check. I can chop down trees successfully in every other scene where I've tried.

Is there any additional information I can provide that might help troubleshoot?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific item do you have equipped to chop trees? What durability does the item have?

8. Netavarious

Netavarious Avatar

Concerning my bug: its a standard vendor bought sickle, with a 97/100 durability.

The bug is a constant in forest zones and its on all the foraging nodes in those zones (that I attempt. Limiting it somewhat so as to not possibly bug anyone else attempting to use a node that I might have impacted.) Not occurring in other zone types and not happening on ANY other gathering node type.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I assume you mean the purchased Harvesting Axe? Sickle is for plants. Will check specifically using those in North Bightbone Woods.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I did a run around the lake in the scene with a NPC bought Harvesting Axe and Sickle and harvested the Cotton Plants, Maple Trees and Pine Trees. I had no issues harvesting any of the resource nodes. My Foraging and Forestry skills are at 100. If that matters. I did see that Netavarious is also using an Nvidia Card. I am currently using the 460.89 drivers. If that even matter as well. My Multiplayer settings are set to Party. Entered the scene just by myself.

03/22/2021 20:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Loc: (-75.0, 32.9, 35.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDJ8fCgtNzQuOTg4LCAzMi44OCwgMzUuNTkyKXwoMCwgLTAuNTExLCAwLCAtMC44Nil8NjEuNTU4Mzh8MjcuMjUzODh8MTYuODYxOTQ=

11. Netavarious

Netavarious Avatar

Again, I hope I am not causing confusion, but my issue is solely with the foraging nodes. Not forestry...in fact, I am having no issues with any other gathering nodes. The only thing my issue has to do with forestry is the short animation that occurs when attempting to access a foraging node...instead of kneeling with a sickle, my figure "performs" a shortened version of the forestry animation (the chopping swing, minus the axe.) when attempting to interact with a foraging node. At that point, the node becomes inert, providing no resources, and the "skin" of the node does not "clear" as when used.

If witnessing the issue would be of assistance, please feel free to call out and I'll meet someone in game to show them what is happening...

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wasn’t seeing any issues harvesting cotton plants with a NPC bought Sickle. I was able to harvest all of them with no issues. Those are foraging specific nodes.