1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[Submitted 68969] Map issue - Hover over shows quest tasks incorrectly

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Rinaldi, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

04/16/2021 21:01
    Title: Map issue - Hover over shows quest tasks incorrectly
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: two issues
    1) there are two icons for lamechs bazaar on the overworld map (one blue and one white)
    2) When i hover over the lamechs bazaar icon, it shows quest tasks are there - but i think the tasks listed have nothing to do with the zone. see pic
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1171.Date.04.15.21
    Area: Episode_2_Continent
    Area Display Name: Mistrendur
    Loc: (188.9, 11.5, 17.2)
    Debug: RXBpc29kZV8yX0NvbnRpbmVudHx8KDE4OC44NjYsIDExLjUzMSwgMTcuMTY0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTY4LCAwLCAtMC4yNSl8MTI3Ljg2MjF8NDUuNzU1NjV8NDA=
    [​IMG]

Chiasma likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified both on live and on qa that there are two POIs for lamech's. possibly one is the default and one is the tier wagon?

cannot verify the extraneous tasks: neither show any tasks for me on either server, but then i have no tasks. @Rinaldi, do you actually have those tasks open for elsewhere or are they a random assortment?
    @Sannio

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report!

The double icons is like Alley Oop said. It's showing the normal access point plus the teleporter wagon. I'm not sure if I can turn off the wagon, but I'll look into it.

The display of quests is an automatic system that I may not be able to change. Sometimes we see this when a lunar rift or other teleporter is in a scene and has direct access to the relevant scenes. There's no way Lamech's has access to all those quest scenes, so I'll probably need to pass this along to a programmer. Issue #68969

Chiasma and Anpu like this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi yuz.
    Jumped on for a little while today and have more to add about the above issue:

1. Opened the overworld map when i was not near Lemech's and scrolled map so I could see lemech's and saw 2 icons (both white) at lemech's location. Hovering my mouse of both icons on the map did nothing.
    2. I walked up to the lemech's overworld wagon, and hovered my mouse over the wagon, and i noticed one of the lemech's icons on the map turned blue. Then when i hovered my mouse over the blue icon on the map, the quest list window popped up.
    3. The tasks on the list are one's that i have in my journal (so they are not just a random list of quests).
    4. Hiding/unhiding the task list on the left side of the game window does not change the task list that shows up when i hover over the blue icon on the map.
    5. I went over to well of aldur (that icon was already blue) and hovered my mouse over the well of aldur icon on the map, and the quests available in well of aldur up (and no quests for anywhere else).

Perhaps lemech's is giving me such a long list of quests because teleporter/rifts not only in Lemech's but also the teleporter/rift frm the scene that lemech's was cloned from (South Midmaer Way)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.