House Co-Ownership? Amount of Houses per Player/Account?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Ron_Silverbeard, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron_Silverbeard

Ron_Silverbeard Avatar

Hi there,

maybe its way to early but it is very important to know (at least for me) more about housing BEFORE i even think about spending 500$ on kickstarter to have a 100% right to place a plot at a village i desire which will be free of rent charges (and i think this is the main goal anyway for it beeing a kickstarter package option)....but

So a little bit more detailes would be realy helpful:

- If the day comes and i use my house deed, will this be my ONLY house possibility with this char/account?
    - Will i be able to sell it in game? Demolish it and place another one?
    - MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME and/or GUILDS: Will we see Co-Ownership possibilities? Ergo, will a friend of mine be able to use the house with me? My guild be able to use OUR house in a city if we decide to go for BARON Kickstarter?

Thats it for me for now, txs for any replay from the dev's ;)

greets
    Ron

2. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

Yeah, I'd like to know more details about that. Property is a critical aspect to guilds, so how property is shared defines what is and not possible.

3. Xeiken

Xeiken Avatar

I support this petition as well, we do need more info about the housing mechanics to take that big step on the pledge.

4. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I don't think they really know yet, but I agree that it is important to try to lure those you are not poor to the upper tiers. Personally, I'm a $1500 contributor and the housing for me is primary for the online aspect. One thing Richard has said is that you will be able to change your house back to your deed and move it somewhere else. I feel, however, that all the first lots will be gone within the first month.

I'm sure you'll be able to sell your deed and upgrade your house. They did say you'll need a City or Town lot for bigger houses.

I too want them to talk more about their philosophies on co-ownership (necessary with their expected housing shortage) and being able to rent out rooms or space.

Devs, I think a special webcast on housing will be a smart move to jump start donations and get over this hump.

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

According to an interview I saw yesterday, you will only have one character. Period. At least that's what they are thinking in present moment.

I'm just a lowly "Founder" so I won't be living next to you in that town anytime soon. No way I can hit the $500 mark before the end of the month. Kudos to those who can.

6. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Bumping this thread because I really need to know if I can have more than one house per account before I make a decision between dropping $500 or $1,500.

7. Xeiken

Xeiken Avatar

I'm bumping it too!

8. Nikelaos

Nikelaos Avatar

I have fronted $500 because I believe that the house will be both portable and allow some sort of shared access for friends/guildmates.

I am going to pop over the features request thread and add this to that growing list as I agree that a house that is only accessible with the owner account logged in is very restrictive.

9. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

I don't think the house would be restrictive in the sense that you have to be logged in to allow people into your house. I would imagine if you declare your house public anyone can open the front door but as in UO if you want a private house you must have a key and if you want to hand out keys to other players that is your choice but know someone else could obtain that key. With all that said you can then ban people from your house if they are causing mischief. My real question is can I own more than one house? One part of me says yes I must be able to own more than one house but at the same time I don't want real estate brokers owning half of the houses waiting for appreciation. Maybe a transaction tax + property tax would alleviate some of these issues. Now that I'm typing a progressive tax based on the number of houses you own would be most ideal as it would quickly become uneconomical to own more than say 3 houses.

10. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Are the SotA people answering questions? I agree - it is important to have answers to questions before blindly shelling out $500 or $1500.

It would be nice if you could share a house with a few people.
    I would like to share mine with my IRL wife's character.
    Other people may have children they wish to share their house with.

What capabilities will a house provide to a user?
    - store equipment?
    - rest and heal?
    - vendors to sell your wares?

Details please!

11. Sir Liam de Lamoureux

Sir Liam de Lamoureux Avatar

I would agree that it would be great for donors to have that information before pledging. On the other hand, I'm willing to shell out my cash based solely on my faith in Richard Garriot to produce an amazing experience for us even if it is something we may not be expecting.

12. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

@Sir Liam de Lamoureux, I agree and as I will be playing both single player and multi player I am sure he will probably provide some type of housing for all.
    Brokers should be banned, there is nothing worse than seeing house after house in multiple areas with for sale signs.

13. Qikdraw

Qikdraw Avatar

@ Nhili Dragon

<b>Brokers should be banned, there is nothing worse than seeing house after house in multiple areas with for sale signs.</b>

Well as someone in UO who did broker deals, I have to disagree. That was something I really enjoyed doing. Finding places to place a house, IDOCs, running around other shards to see where they placed, marketing and selling houses, it was a lot of fun. For a lot of people who didn't want to spend time looking for a house, specially back in the day when it was hard to get a house, I helped a lot of people.

Plus it was a path that the developers I don't think imagined at the time. So it was a player created profession, like many other aspects of UO. It was just part of the economy and a reflection on what things were worth. Prices went up, they went down. It was fun watching all of it and being a participant.

Besides. Even we are only allowed one house per account, but are still able to sell that house to someone, you will not be able to stop someone from having a single account set aside for that purpose. So why create needless headaches on the Dev team for something that will most likely happen anyway? Relax and enjoy all the other aspects the game has to offer.

14. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

I don't view a broker as being a problem in game, with land prices going to be high as is. Yes a guild could put its resource together, but with having guild halls and just the amount land prices will go up I doubt very much that they will be able to have a strangle hold on housing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.