Dragons gone wild

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schulz, Jun 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

I port into NW Blackblade using the SE entrance. In the normal spawn locations I have an ancient and a regular yellow. I kill them and to looking for some corps to kill. I run into another ancient fighting a darkstar destroyer next to the mine approx 30 seconds later. Kill them and move to the NW?? entrance.(the one farther from the dragons) and find another ancient fighting another destroyer. Not sure if this is a bug or a change to the scene, but thought I'd let you know.

@Elgarion

Van

Update: I go back to the normal spawn site, as I am dealing with a dragon there, I see another ancient spawn by the mine and another by the NW entrance. If this is on purpose, BRAVO!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Elgarion, Time Lord, Sarek and 2 others like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Waited for the destroyer fight to near completion but had to take a nature break. Did not want to wait around any longer. This scene is fantastic now. Plenty to do but not too crowded.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not entirely sure if it was an intentional change, but glad you like it :) I linked this to Sannio to see if he has any concerns, but sounds like it's a good one. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Schulz , what's the specific bug your reporting? That dragons are in the wrong locations, that it's the wrong dragons, that the dragons are fighting destroyers, that there's too many dragons, or something else? (I think it's that dragons are fighting destroyers, but it's not clear enough to me.)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

dragons' ranges seem to have been greatly expanded, leading them to not only enter parts of scenes they once didn't (like the corpion section of nw blackblade) but even go out of bounds in outdoor scenes and chase people into halls/through dungeons where they can't possibly fit. the bug thread on it you addressed by putting a door in k'rul, but there were other dragons/locations mentioned in it.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

There used to be two dragon spawns in this scene. This time of year either of them could spawn as yellow dragons, ancient yelllow dragons or aether dragons. Starting this release in addition to those normal spawns there are several places throughout the map that extra ancient yellow dragons have been spawning. I believe these are at the places the aether corpions can spawn but I'm not certain. I think the post is mostly asking whether these extra dragons were added on purpose or not since there was nothing in the patch notes about them. If they weren't supposed to be there, that is the bug being reported. If they were added on purpose maybe more specific bug reports should be made because some of these new dragons seem to have pathing issues or die and fall through the map somehow so they can't be skinned.

Edit: Just for feedback I think many of the players like the boosted dragon count though it certainly raises the tier of the scene. So if they dragons additions were an accident it might be fun to clone the scene in episode 2 lands with the bonus dragons added in.

7. Sannio

Thanks for the report and feedback everyone! I'll look into these dragons. Issue #69198

Regarding dragons leaving their "home base," I wonder if they're not respecting the path grids in these scenes. When there are large creatures in a scene, they'll have their own path grid which is usually smaller and only in the place where they spawn. It almost feels like they're ignoring their "big creature" grid and using the default one. *shrug*

Elgarion, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

@Sannio This is exactly what I meant. And I think Gwendolyn is exactly right. The additional dragons are spawning where the aether corps can spawn but for me, they have always been ancient yellows. As for the pathing, it is still a thing in Krul. I had one fly outside the room with the door closed, it then ported into the center of the room shortly after. A few weeks ago in Southern Grunvald, I had a black dragon end up at the bottom of the plateau beating on poor wolves.

Van

9. odyssey2003

odyssey2003 Avatar

1: Hills wolf encounters had dragons that seem to favor the corner of the scene to a point that I could not go forward or else I would exit the scene! A Few times it push me out of the scene with its wing attack. ( its an exploit that the dragons are using! )
    2: If you going to keep nw blackblade as is then you may want to change the tier its set at as its no longer a tier 6 area.
    3: Taming Corpion Destroyers are now much more difficult as ancient dragons join in. so if this is as design once again I suggest changing the tier.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Sannio

Regarding Northwest Blackblade Mountains, I was looking at some spawners today and saw that the set that included Aether scorpions also included dragons for some reason, which is why they were spawning close to the default entrance. The addition of dragons to the scorpion set was a mistake and I'll make some adjustments for next release.

Wilfred, FrostII, Schulz and 3 others like this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

!:eek: Was hoping for a T-12 adjustment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.