1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Loom like quest line

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Today I was hit with some nostalgia for Loom and it made me think we could add something similar.

We already have a "musical" quest as part of the main quest line. I think it would be cool to have a short bard quest line that requires finding and playing some sheet music. It would also be nice to have some manually played "drafts" for some portion of the quest line. Open doors, unlock chests, etc.

Of course, if we had the tech for a "draft" system, it could be used for player quests at some point.

Coconut, Echondas, Wilfred and 5 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I like it :)

Interactive piece thinking...

I'd like to hear if you have any further thinking on this. I think the bell towers when I think of sound, but almost any lever also has a sound to it. While there may not be able to be a production model for sale made, I could see something like our bell tower teleport destinations changing with the right combo being pulled. Such a system could release monsters, open doors or whatever, using existing artwork.

Bard and musical are not necessarily the same, yet do complement each other.

A player must touch a dead body to interact with it, yet could there be possibility of having an NPC/monster in a scene that would only activate in it's questing capacity if a certain bard skill were used on it (heal,mez or kill). Most of our questing interactions are inside a chat box, yet I think there's further use available through local chatbox review, where when triggered, that bard skill activated NPC/monster could express something needed to be remembered without the need of the face to face box or interactive word trigger.

Quest writing involves quite a bit of thinking which could cost us $ without a programmer having had the time to invest to bring a good or better outcome.

I'd like to see some player inspired works on this, which means more than just we wishing for it.

As one of my closest friends @majoria70 has often said to me, "let the inspiration take you", with those wise words applied to this, I'd like to hear more :)~TL~

Wilfred and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Loom is one of the best classic games ever made. Its only flaw is that it ends so soon.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Everyone in this thread should get an "Ask me about Loom" button for our pirate outfits ..

Anpu and Wilfred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.