Clean up of very old patch files

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Aug 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

As we continue to play and download the various patches to the game, the Download directory, that is in the directory you have the game installed in, will start to fill up considerably. For example, I was really behind on the current version of QA today and then fully patched up the QA version.

After it fully updated the game, I still had over 1.7Gigs of old files within the Download directory of where I have the QA version installed (from the last time I deleted everything but the latest patch):
    [​IMG]
    This is the number of files remaining since I last manually deleted the large number of files in here.

Here is currently my Live Download Directory (from the last time I deleted everything but the latest patch):
    [​IMG]

I would assume the Launcher, after patching, would have some cleanup of old files routine in it? But it does not seem to currently do this.

I just wasn't sure if this is a bug or not, or something you would have to add. I just was rather concerned on how much this directly can continue to fill up and never be deleted.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if it wasn't cleaning it up, you'd have files going MUCH farther back than 1224. current is 1234: maybe it keeps current plus ten old?

Cordelayne and Elwyn like this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

hmm, I have files going back years in this folder. So probably Anpu did a manual delete of files at some point?

FrostII likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oops I forgot to mention that was the files in that directory since I last deleted everything manually (but the current patch).

And posted new picture to show what my current Live Download directory is at since I last manually deleted everything in there (but the latest patch).

FrostII likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

OK since the last time I deleted the files in this directory, and made this post, as of 8/15/2001 it was this:
    [​IMG]
    As of 10/13/2021 it is this:
    [​IMG]

It has not cleaned up any of these files in 2 months?
    It's not cleaning up any of these files?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this might be a windows thing. i have patches back to 9/15, curious to see if they disappear this weekend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.