1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Petition: Remove Focus Drain From Well of Aldur

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by FBohler, Aug 27, 2021.

?

Remove the focus drain?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Add viable workaround instead.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yeah, simple as that, the focus drain platform is a place to be completely avoided by the majority of the playerbase.
    Either get rid of it for good or add a viable workaround which lasts for a reasonable amount of time.

Barugon and FrostII like this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Just in case you or someone else doesn't know, if you are hit by lightning on that platform it gives a short term buff to counteract the focus drain debuff. The lightning hits the same spots, so you can stand in a charred spot until it hits again (if you can survive that long of course) until you get to know where it will hit. Unfortunately the buff seems to end just before the next time you get the lightning hit if you are staying in one spot, but I don't usually run out of focus before the lightning hits again.

I can manage to clear the first wave of the platform with my pet if I don't aggro more than 3 ellies at a time. But next wave and I have to run or I die. Will be interesting to see if there are LFGs to kill Suutak for the recipe because I don't think very many can solo the full wave.

FrostII, Anpu, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Considering how few people bothered to respond to the poll, I'm left thinking that We'll of Aldur may not be a very popular scene to begin with.
    Yes, it's meant for groups, but its XP rate is lower than old CPs that pop up on LFG in which people can literally semi-AFK and not be threatened by the mobs at all.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For me, We'll of Aldur is a very rewarding scene, not so much in terms of experience, but the wyvern battle specifically. As for Suutaks platform, this is one of the challenges that had us actually think about tactics to clear it, and is actually a hard fight.

I voted no, this is a single fight in which this happens, it is a tough and challenging mechanic, and I am all for hard and challenging in a game where nearly everything is soloable.

5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

The Wyvern battle is easy and kind of boring IMO. Never tried to solo it, but with a group of two it was way easier than the Tartarus tower.

I think the focus drain platform isn't for soloing.... but harder than solo it is to find a group willing to face it. First thing I get when I dare to say "Aldur" is "not the focus drain platform, right?".

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.