1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69615] Virtue Recalibration Kit is confusing

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by that_shawn_guy, Aug 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Issues:
    1) If you hide quest items, then buy the item, it doesn't "appear" in your inventory
    2) It doesn't have a heritage or other marking that indicates it cannot be traded
    3) I get the item. But, no quest in my journal

It took me a few minutes to figure this out. But, a newer play may feel like the store is broken or they got ripped off. Of course, a newer player may also have no idea what it would be used for.

Suggestions:
    Make it tradeable or add a "Quest" icon like heritage in the store. It should also come with the book about the quest and how to find it.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Not much I can do about that. There's always going to be some way/filter to hide an item.

You can trade it.

There is an extra description on the item itself that describes its usage. I did it this way because I don't think I can trigger a journal entry when you buy something from the store. However, I'll add a journal entry anyway and we'll see what happens. :) Issue #69615

Time Lord, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's a quest item but you can trade it?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Since you have to pay COTO’s for it, if you want to trade it, go ahead.

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I was not able to trade it, place it in a "public" box, etc.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Let me rephrase that: why is it marked as a quest item?

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Because it involves a quest. In order to change your virtue, you need to seek out a skilled hacker and have a conversation with that NPC.

Duke Gréagóir, Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I know that I've provided items to quest NPCs that are not marked as quest items.

[edit] An example is the arrow quest in an outskirts area. The wood collected is not a quest item.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

10. Sannio

You're supposed to be able to trade it. I'll check in with our programmers on this.

Time Lord, Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  11. Sannio

Looks like there's a feature in all items marked as "quest" to disallow them from being traded. The feature isn't visible to designers, so I wasn't aware. We'll be changing the Virtue Recalibration Kits to not be marked as quest items to allow them to be traded. This change should automatically be applied to any kits already purchased, once the update goes live.

12. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing 9-5-21

13. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yeah but I suspect you'll find the difference is most players will have quest items hidden. You've changed it now anyway but for the future I'd suggest a bad idea to have store items flagged as "quest items", the flag being really for items you've received from quests which any item you have bought from the store is not, despite this being for a quest related use.

14. Sannio

Unless otherwise required, an item that exists exclusively to be turned in for a quest should be marked as a quest item, regardless of its source. As mentioned above, the Virtue Recalibration Kit is an exception to this rule to allow players to trade them among one another. If the kit wasn't intended to be traded, it would still be listed as a quest item.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.