1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

New ability for "Ranged" tree

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi! Almost all weapon trees have stun effect, except ranged. I think this must be fixed. Add please the "Butt Blow" ability to the ranged tree with stun effect. This ability for crossbows only, i can't imagine how make stun effect for bows, but if you can - make it too. This ability will be very helpful when enemies come too close - it will give an opportunity to run back and continue ranged combat. Thank you =))

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Blades have 0 sources of CC
    Polearms have a root and a very inconsistent trip
    Bows have a slow
    Bludgeon have a ton.

You know you can use Gust as your source of stun, not only does it stun, but it also pushes back the enemy, creating the gap without having to move.

I don't think that is the right skill to add for ranged, there are other ideas and I think you just need to think outside the box and use skills from other trees to get where you want.

Anpu, FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

But you can take one-handed bladed weapon and shield and got stun effect from shield tree.
    Yes, it have, but when you are surrounded by enemies, slowing down doesn't help much.
    Yes, but gust work normal only for low-tier enemies and if you air mage. I, for example, moon and water mage.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Not true... Just depends on how high you get it. ;)

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it's one of the best ranged abilities. If you want to slow many enemies then use Ice Field or caltrops (caltrops can be used from your utility hotbar when in combat ;)).
    Gust works against just about everything and is awesome.

Tirrag, FrostII, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Don’t forget shock arrow and piercing breeze, although i haven’t used them in forever and can’t speak to how efficient these combos are nowadays.

7. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

In short, do not want - do not do, my business has to offer. And your vaunted combos I have never been able to launch. Please note that enchantments with additional magical elemental damage are NOT AVAILABLE for ranged weapons and this is definitely a deliberate deterioration! I ditched more than one crossbow until I realized that. Or now you will start writing about the balance and so on... I expressed my opinion, history will judge us.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I always wanted a "Charge Weapon" skill in the air tree. Similar to the Ignite Weapon skill in the fire tree, but it would add a bit of electrical (air) damage and maybe have a small chance to stun.

Stealch, FrostII and FBohler like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Bad news is that even if they add new skill to ranged tree, it will most likely be underpowered, meaning the existing options will be far more effective.

PS: air/ranged combos are garbage.

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Use askadev in universal chat to submit a question for next livestream and maybe they will get some love ?

Stealch and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.