Getting stuff.

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Lord Balor Granitecrushe, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

OK, I've not played online games in quite a while, so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm currently running around in my under-roos, and I've decided I need to armor up, but can't seem to locate anything to do so.

I'm assuming I can craft, or purchase, steal, find, etc.

But really not sure where to find the items i need.

Am I truly an idiot boy?

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There are chests all over, look for them Inside you'll find stuff, every chest is different. If it's empty, it will respawn shortly
    At least for some stuff. There are crafting stations set up you can try things out

Time Lord and Margard like this.
  3. Margard

Margard Avatar

There should be some chests that you run into randomly - they have stuff for you to equip ... that is if you are in the single player mode ... multi player - produces a single chess, and if folks have looted it already - you won't have anything to loot

Not much to do besides visit towns and craft ... and test some features of the game

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

No you're not (or I am too ;))

The environment is a bit artificial. In the "real" game we will have to forage for resources. Not implemented yet; resources have been "provided" in the chests at the crafting station. BUT - in multiplayer, they are emptied rapidly. Best bet is to log in in SPO mode - you're the only one there, chests are always full. Grab all the stuff you can, then come back to Multiplayer.

You also need coal to smelt stuff - have to buy this from Handac.

Put the EXACT CORRECT items on the crafting table and the CRAFT icon lights up. The recipe is then in your recipe book (R key); if you want to do it again just open the book & double-click on the recipe.

Good tip from the Mad Hermit - process wood into boards => craft lots of wall shelves (2 boards each) => sell to Handac for 10 gold each => money!!

You also need recipes - you can find all that is currently known at the SoTA wiki site. http://sotawiki.net/sota/Main_Page

Good luck!

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

There were always people running back and forth for the chests, you may want to start in Single Player mode first just to snag some items more quickly, before hopping back to Multiplayer. ;)

Kal likes this.
  6. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

OK, I did that, forged my first sword. Going to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.