1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 69635] Return Balloon returns you to an empty dungeon/basement

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Owsley, Aug 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

08/26/2021 18:59
    Title: Return Balloon returns you to an empty player dungeon
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: After exiting my dungeon and using the Return Balloon in Harvest, I returned to an empty dungeon. All the deco was gone and my name was no longer showing as the owner in the title.
    Steps to Reproduce: Exit Player Dungeon, use return balloon
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16312
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1433.Date.08.26.21
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Harvest
    Area Display Name: Harvest
    Loc: (29.2, 38.2, 205.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfQ2l0eV9IYXJ2ZXN0fHwoMjkuMjE3LCAzOC4xNTIsIDIwNS4wNDUpfCgwLCAtMC44MzcsIDAsIDAuNTQ3KXwyMTkuNjAwMnwxMy41NzY1Mnw2LjA1MTA5NA==

Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am also seeing this as well:

Enter my dungeon foyer, use a Teleport to Zone scroll to Desolis. After entering Desolis click the return to previous location Balloon. Load back into Dungeon, that is un-owned and empty. Exiting dungeon Takes me to Desolace.

08/26/2021 22:14
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1433.Date.08.26.21
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-397.3, 104.3, -91.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTM5Ny4yODgsIDEwNC4yODEsIC05MS4yMTUpfCgwLCAtMC41MjQsIDAsIC0wLjg1Mil8MTg0LjIwNDV8MTEuNDAxMTF8MTcuOTk0NTc=

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

applies to basements too.

@Sannio, i think this was already the case, it just didn't get noticed much when the main/only one was at fishing expedition.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Two important things to keep in mind here: Dungeon scenes are like POTs in that each one is a basic template that is shared by each player's dungeon. Also, recently-visited scenes remain active for a few minutes but eventually shut down after vacated for too long.

For those people who left their player dungeon and later used the return balloon, how long did you wait to use the balloon? I suspect that if you returned right away then the dungeon would still be an active scene and there would be no issue. However, waiting too long means the dungeon scene shuts down and you're simply returning to the "blank" template version of that dungeon scene.

[EDIT: Something similar would happen when trying to return to a Siege.]

Alley Oop is right in that it's always been something that can happen with "return" teleporters (like the one in Fishing Expedition) and we're not yet considering it something that needs to change. But we'll keep an eye on these reports and reserve the right to change that consideration. (It's possible we might have to make the call between no change, "new tech," or remove the teleporters. Unfortunately, in the short term, I fear "new tech" is probably not an option.)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Lord Stein likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

nope, returned before i had even lost spawn protection.

[9/2/2021 5:58:43 PM] Entering Fishing Expedition from Row Stone & Timber 1-Story Basement
    [9/2/2021 5:59:03 PM] Entering Row Stone & Timber 1-Story Basement from Fishing Expedition

6. Sannio

Thanks for all the info everyone, added as issue #69635

Anpu likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Tested in sieges, and it starts a new instance even if re-entering in under a minute.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

11/23/2021 16:16
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16316
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.Win.64.1489.Date.11.22.21
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_Arena
    Area Display Name: Village Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (33.8, 5.0, 21.8)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlX0FyZW5hfHwoMzMuODA2LCA1LjAyOSwgMjEuODAxKXwoMCwgLTAuMDA0LCAwLCAxKXwzNTkuNTQxNnwxMHwxLjI1
    Landed me in a village arena basment like i have but was empty. Took the ladder up and ended back at the balloon
    Area: Castle Atos (Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos) Loc: (-89.653, 108.116, 556.233) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTg5LjY1MywgMTA4LjExNiwgNTU2LjIzMyl8KDAsIDAuNDYxLCAwLCAtMC44ODcpfDMwNS4wNzU2fDEwfDEuMjU=
    This is return location

9. Sannio

This is a known issue. When you use any “Return to Previous Location” teleporter to return to a basement, you'll return to an empty, default version of that same basement.

10. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

1. Title: Previous Location Basement
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: Teleport to Zone. To Castle Atos from Basement. Hot Air "previous location" Balloon.. returns to basement. Attempt to climb ladder to exit basement, returns me to Castle Atos...

11. Alley Oop

yes, the exits of basements always take you to where you entered them from.

12. eldernewf

eldernewf Avatar

I used the return balloon at Castle Atos to return to my last place. I loaded in my basement but there were no lights or deco loaded. I used night sight and notice there was no deco loaded at all. I tried to exit the basement
    but I went back to Cstle Atos "Entering Castle Atos from Village Stone Arena Basement". I then tried to go back to my previous location from Castle Atos and again no deco at all in basement, I tried to exit the basement again the went back to Castle Atos "Entering Village Stone Arena Basement from Castle Atos" "Entering Castle Atos from Village Stone Arena Basement". I exited the game back to the login screen and when I resumed I was still in the empty basement even with letting the timer count down till my character was out of game. I had to run out of the Castle Atos Screne to Novia to escape the loop. I used a recall scroll from Novia in order to be able to see the deco in my basement again.

04/11/2022 15:01
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32731
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.1525.Date.04.06.22
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_Arena
    Area Display Name: Village Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (33.2, 5.0, 3.6)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlX0FyZW5hfHwoMzMuMjEyLCA1LjAyOSwgMy42MTUpfCgwLCAwLjAzMiwgMCwgLTAuOTk5KXwzNjEuODMxMnwxMS43MDE4OXw1LjkzMTE1NQ==

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  13. Sayge Raine

Sayge Raine Bug Hunter

08/03/2022 09:10
    Title: Return to Previous Location boats teleport to blank "Player Dungeon" and basements.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: The Return to Previous Location boat will send your character to a blank "Player Dungeon" or basic basement instead of the dungeon or basement you were actually in. (See Screenshots) Tested using the boat in a PRT. Did not test the balloons.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter a player owned dungeon or basement and then exit and use a Return to Previous Location teleporter. This will teleport you to a blank generic "Player Dungeon" or basement of the type you entered.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 4076
    SotA.Win.64.1567.Date.08.01.22
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreenBrickFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (-0.3, 0.0, 10.0)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmVlbkJyaWNrRm95ZXJfM0Nvbm5lY3Rpb25zfHwoLTAuMzM2LCAwLjAwOCwgOS45NjMpfCgwLCAwLjk1MSwgMCwgMC4zMSl8MTM3Ljk1ODd8My4yNTk2OTZ8My45NjkyNg==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sannio

Thanks for the extra info!

We have all the information we need on this issue at this point. It's considered a "known issue" that using the "return teleporters" will send you back to a default/blank version of a basement or player dungeon that you just left. We need new tech to correct this situation.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Ragnar Tryggvy

Ragnar Tryggvy Avatar

This is a reproduceable issue. It does not block any access. When using a teleport to zone scroll from my 5 level stone row basement attached to my 4 story greenhouse row house in Silverdale Market to zone to Castle Atos, I arrive at the entry point to town fine, but when I use the balloon to return to previous location, it puts me in an empty stone basement and when I climb out it puts me at the Castle Atos balloon instead of my house. So it is seeming to think that I'm teleporting to a basement attached to Castle Atos instead of my house in Silverdale Market.

If you need any other information, please feel free to contact me. In game character name is Ragnar Tryggvy. Thank you for your great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.