1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

My pets keep disappearing when I leave a scene/instance

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by shypwreck, Dec 2, 2021.

1. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

I recalled from the Etceter Crag Mines to my home town with my pet (a red ice snarler... still alive) at my side; Pet was not in combat or dead . I noticed that he was not there and that I could not summoned him. I checked my taming necklace and it was blank, what happen to my pet?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

may be related to 68736, for which i don't know the background on its closing.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Interesting that both of those reports happened recalling from the same scene. @Shyprwreck were you also near the entrance to the mine? If not what area were you in and what scene did you recall back to? Thought I'd try to repro it though its not likely to work. Also if you are not able to tame pets on you own message me in game (same name as here) or leave your character name here and I will send you a replacement.

I have had my pet dismiss on me several times lately when I switched scenes but in my case it has always been there to summon once I noticed.

4. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

So far I lost 3 pets when I recall , exit a zone, or get disconnected. My pets were not dead and at were in full health. For example I was in the middle of combat; I bumped into a random mob in overland and was not in the mood for combat so I left the zone and my pet was erase from my taming collar. Another time I recalled back to my home town and my pet was gone (erase). Same thing happen again approx. 3 days ago; when I teleported to another zone.

This is getting beyond annoying.

5. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

My pets keep disappearing when I leave a scene/instance. For example I left jotungund and my spider was with me. I noticed it was gone; disappeared from my necklace.. I went back into jotungund and still no pet.

What is going on? It is getting to be more than a pain.

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@shypwreck We haven't heard about a bug that would remove your pets while changing scenes. We'd need more information to look into this, so if anyone else has a simple experience, especially if they have solid details, hopefully they chime in.
    • When did this first happen to you?
    • How many times has this happened?
    • Which scenes were you leaving? Which scenes were you going into?
    • Is it possible that the pet was already dead or dying when you were leaving the scene?

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator