1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Halberd of the Sun etc for higher lvl mobs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xarras, Mar 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

I would like to be able to have some jeopardy and better exp when collecting artifacts and suggest they should drop from higher level mobs rather than only in low level areas.
    For instance, the halberd of the Sun is said (in the Wiki, thank you wiki'ers greatly appreciated) it only drops from bandits in low level areas. This makes for boring game-play.
    Thank you.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The wiki only has that one listing because that’s the only place I could confirm it drops. I would assume it can drop from higher level bandits but cannot confirm.

We aren’t allowed to see artifacts in the api, otherwise I could then at least see where else it is dropping, but not the specific creature.

We possibly could ask @Winston if this item is possibly dropping from higher tier creatures in higher tier areas. We just can’t see that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    Winston and Aldo like this.
  3. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I am perfectly fine with them dropping at higher level mobs, but I think that common artis should drop from lower-level mobs as well. There is nothing more frustrating for lower-level players to never get a chance of good loot and that the higher-level characters just go out and farm it endlessly. It propagates the idea that only the rich get richer. It took me a very long time (years) to even get an artifact, because most only dropped initially from magic users, and I was fighting humanoids, but none were magic users. This eventually changed and I learned that lesson, and I moved on to Deep Ravenswood. I have over 13K hours played on steam in this game, on 3 characters, and because I try to focus on crafting, I advance levels slowly, plus I am a generalist, so I usually train everything, though I can't match Bridge Troll for Gm's.

Waldo Ptolomy

Xarras, Time Lord and Winston like this.
  4. Winston

Winston A Data Guy Moderator SOTA Developer

I think the idea of artifacts dropping in low level scenes AND high level scenes, as @Xarras recommends, has merit. I watched him in the lower level scene killing bandits with his high level character to get the artifacts; and I can see how that is easy (not dying), but also overall not very fun for the time spent.

I presume as a Dev/GM I am not at liberty to identify where things drop unless discovered publicly (which identifying in SotA Wiki is great! Thanks SotAWiki folks! https://sotawiki.net/sota/Halberd_of_the_Sun,_Common )

With respect to (wrt) this Wishlist Item, I am glad to see the idea entered and other Devs can consider what to do, yet they also would not reveal such changes.

I'm very interested in hearing about things that are boring in the game, and then ideas to make them more fun.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    Xarras and Time Lord like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the last big list of artifact location changes was published in the R88 notes

Time Lord, Anpu and Winston like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The Phoenix also drops this, and "something" on the well of aldur wyvern platform, whether its the wyverns themselves or the slimes I couldn't say, I have just kept finding them in my inventory after being there.

Winston likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That is because it is still in the random artifact loot list, the one that most boss type creatures draw from when looted, on top of having been added to bandits loot table specifically. Dragons, trolls and other of these types will have a chance at halberds, as well as others.

Time Lord, Anpu and Winston like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.