R100 Potion Give Away Thursday

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Mar 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyster

Oyster Avatar

I really like the decorations, I love the skill System, Community is best I've been in and very helpful

2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I like the die-hard, passionate community! Oh and the endless progression with the dynamic deck system :D.

Duke Gréagóir, Barugon and FrostII like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Exclude me from this this event (as I want that to go to people who could really use them, I just want to share my opinion).

1. This community is one of the most amazing and incredible group of people you will ever find in any online game on Earth. Period.
    2. We have an incredible group of developers that are forever battling the horrible and evil UNITY MONSTER. They try to give us great and new content, bug fixes, and content to make our game better, every month. (Thank you. No, really, THANK YOU).
    3. I log into the game every day and decide: What do you want to do today? I then do whatever I want.
    4. There is so much to see in this game and learn and discover for yourself. I continue to follow this journey, every day.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I love the "environment" ! The sunrises/sunsets - the birds and the fish - the breezes and the winds - the weather, in all it's forms - the water itself, and the night sky.
    I love the ability to manipulate my skills at anytime and at my discretion.
    I love all the fights with all the mobs.
    I love that we can deco to our hearts content.
    I love this community of like-minded folks.
    I love that the dev's seem to be listening to us more and more as we move forward .... :)

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I've thought about it for a couple days and since I know "everything" is a lame answer I'll cheat and say "the variety". This is the only game I play, because the various systems and all the things to do make it seem like many games; the combat, the crafting, trading, deco, I even love the zen nature of the agriculture system. There's parts I enjoy more, and more often, than others, like crafting is my favorite and deco is something I get an itch for maybe once every couple months, but it's not really true to just say "crafting is my favorite part". I love that I can spend hours crafting, and when I need a break there's still an entire world for me to play in.

6. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

To be honest I like everything so it's hard to choose just one thing but if you twist my arm I'd say Housing which includes Basements and Dungeons.

Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
  7. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

I really enjoy the Sheet Music system in the game. It is incredibly fun to me to take a music file and manipulate it until it sounds good on the instruments we have in game. As a person who loves music this is a huge draw. Everything else in the game keeps me here. Games have come and gone over the years but few have held my attention like Shroud has.

Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
  8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Avatars
    So many great comments. Choosing just 3 is going to be very hard. Thank you all for posting and new post will be accepted until 2pm EDT today. After that I will choose 3 and post the winners in this post. If the winners can make it please join me at my home in New Fawn at 4pm EDT. It is up the hill from the docks and to the right. All others are welcome also and there will be drinks and sweets for 1 gold from the Vendor inside.

Edit:
    Sorry I could not get the drinks and sweets to be free 1 gold is the least amount.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Barugon and Anpu like this.
  9. Vero

Vero Avatar

I like community initiatives (like this potion give away) ;)

But mostly i like the Dynamic deck system combined with the 'freedom' of builds, skills and skill/player tactic progression

FBohler, Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
  10. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

Decided i'd come back to SotA for Release 100 after being away for a while, so much has changed since i last really played i couldn't even begin to describe what i find enjoyable about SotA. I guess a cross between the mostly Mature players, the variety of content, and the fact that honestly even in my absence i have yet to find a game that has filled the void that SotA has .

Duke Gréagóir, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Avatars
    It is 2pm EDT and I thank you for all the post. Post after this point will not be counted as I need time to choose and get things ready but you can still post what you like about the game.. So many good things to enjoy while traveling thru these lands. It is time to post my thoughts on this world, don't worry I will not pick myself as a winner.:D

My 3 favorite things are:
    1. The Community. Very helpful and caring people willing to share what they have , Offer help to get your thru the tight spots in this new world, and the most giving of themselves in RL.
    2. The effort that the DEVs and others put into this game. R100 that means 100 releases that include new content, bug fixes, and in game events.
    3. And lastly there is always something to do. So many builds to try especially as the combat is "adjusted", Crafting, Deco, Player created events, and my favorite just exploring the world. Has anyone truly explored all the areas of all the lands, towns, and scenes?

Thank you all happy R100 and join me to congratulate the winners at New Fawn, an Island in the Naryad Channel between Noreach and Mud at 4pm EDT.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Avatars
    It is almost time for the Giveaway (28 minutes). Wow what a difficult time I had picking just 3 winners. I admit that the choices I made were influenced by my favorite parts of the game but so many post indicated an overall love of all aspects of the game. This is what people need to hear and understand that Shroud of the Avatar is not a game to grind for the loot, or play thru and move on but a game to be enjoyed and explored for its many things to experience both inside the game and in real life with the community.

So My winners are:

@Anpu - he has declined the prize which goes to my comment of the greatness of this community.
    1. This community is one of the most amazing and incredible group of people you will ever find in any online game on Earth. Period.
    2. We have an incredible group of developers that are forever battling the horrible and evil UNITY MONSTER. They try to give us great and new content, bug fixes, and content to make our game better, every month. (Thank you. No, really, THANK YOU).
    3. I log into the game every day and decide: What do you want to do today? I then do whatever I want.
    4. There is so much to see in this game and learn and discover for yourself. I continue to follow this journey, every day.

@kaeshiva
    For me, what keeps me coming back to Sota (and what makes Sota "home") is the journey never ends. Over 6 years and 20,000 hours in, and I still find something to do every day, my character can still make progress, I can still accumulate experience (no wasteful hardcaps to tell me "why bother"), I can still accumulate wealth, more shiny things, etc. It isn't just a game, its a toybox and toolset for me and my friends to enjoy together and we will hopefully continue to do so for years to come.

@Lilith Ayin
    hat attracted me to this game was the ability to own and decorate my house but what keeps me here is the same thing that kept me from other games: the team and the players.
    The SotA team does an amazing job, especially considering it's a small team. The adventure scenes, the towns, the sky, the storms, the behavior of the animals, the Easter eggs, a wish list that is regularly checked, the effort to correct mistakes... and Winston! Winston is so cool.
    And the players, I would like to tell a lot about them but I would need a whole thread for it, so I will summarize it in two words: generosity and camaraderie. Well, I'll expand on it. And kindness, education, affection, sympathy...
    Both the team and the players deserve a round of applause.

@Coswald_Dirthmire
    I've thought about it for a couple days and since I know "everything" is a lame answer I'll cheat and say "the variety". This is the only game I play, because the various systems and all the things to do make it seem like many games; the combat, the crafting, trading, deco, I even love the zen nature of the agriculture system. There's parts I enjoy more, and more often, than others, like crafting is my favorite and deco is something I get an itch for maybe once every couple months, but it's not really true to just say "crafting is my favorite part". I love that I can spend hours crafting, and when I need a break there's still an entire world for me to play in.

Due to a mistake by me I have corrected the post and have added a runner up prize for @Gwendolyn Obscuro. I had a Golden Globes Moment :eek:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Cage Storm, Lilith Ayin, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Avatars

A late entry was sent to me and I will post it here.

@DoctorXX69
    What I like most about Shroud of the Avatar is that people from all over the world can become friends through taking part in quests, being in guilds…

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.