1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 70748] Grusk / Kortreek's Kites

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by ioSelect, Sep 6, 2022.

1. ioSelect

ioSelect Avatar

1. Title:Grusk / Kortreek's Kites
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? Huh?
    4. Details: Ask Kortreek help, get key, no kite locations turn blue or activate; completed the quest many times before and relogging, waiting a few days, and GM delete key and restart quest doesn't resolve issue.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Login as me, ask Kortreek help, get key, no kite locations turn blue.
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only): 32Gb, 4 core amd, amd video, win 10

2. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Area: Grusk (Mistrendur_R2_Grusk) Loc: (-86.023, 33.246, 19.273) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9HcnVza3x8KC04Ni4wMjMsIDMzLjI0NiwgMTkuMjczKXwoMCwgMC45NjIsIDAsIDAuMjcyKXwxNDguNDExOXwxOC43NjYwNnwzLjkwMDExNw==

Verified

3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 70748

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

This happened to me. Check Options/ Interface/ Show Task Highlighting. This is 8th from the bottom of the Interface list.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I also just did this quest a a few minutes ago, I saw a marker on the compass and map that showed blue? Build 1575. in Options>Interface> at the very bottom section, I have Show Task Highlighting checked on.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  6. ioSelect

ioSelect Avatar

As per my description: no kite locations turn blue __or activate__

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@ioSelect , I just logged into your account and was able to complete the kite tasks without any problems. I had the proper blue compass markers showing me which kite station to visit. Also, the part of the kite station where I needed to interact was blue and glowing. I ran through the last stages of the quest and acquired the reward from Kortreek. You should be able to go to him tomorrow and try again if you like.

I'm not sure why you were blocked from advancing. The "Show Task Highlighting" was a good suggestion from the others, but if you say you have that "on" and also that the kite stations weren't interactable, then I'm not sure what the issue was.

(I will say this: There's a TON of discoverable compass markers in Grusk. They're very cluttered. Although it's not a cause of the problem you experienced, I'm going to sort through them and see if there's anything I can do to help improve that.)

If you have the problem again, you can reply to this thread with any additional details.

Anpu likes this.
  8. ioSelect

ioSelect Avatar

Thanks for checking.

This was verified by others who were givin permission to utilize my account. Did i give you permission to log on to my account?

Being honest; it seems that printing m_locationDisplayNameLoc in DiscoverableLocationTriggerBox.TriggerDiscovery may show something.

Perhaps an extra kite location was removed at some point?

I will log on and check and respond.

<time passed>

Please remember.. I physically visited all of the kite locations by walking to them and
    none of the kites were active regardless of the minimap.

I just noticed i no longer have a 'Kite Key'; kindly let us know what steps were performed
    to complete the task, was the key deleted? I'm just not sure this issue will not re-occur.

Now since i dont have the key any longer, i will try to reproduce by reinitializing the quest,
    then report back.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  9. ioSelect

ioSelect Avatar

Ok, would love to know what's going on here..

I've checked again and below is a picture showing:

- Me with a kite key
    - No kite locations highlighted
    - Other grusk quest locations are highlighted

Puzzling this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are five locations. check due east of that big sulfur pool in the bottom right of your image

11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

You're welcome!

I am a developer and have the ability to access your account without using your personal login credentials. We use this feature very rarely and only when necessary. In your case, the information provided wasn't enough for me to determine the cause and solution to your issue, so I used this feature. I sometimes use this dev-only feature to access a player's characters in order to sort out the details of a bug report. As a developer, I will be able to add or remove quest flags and quest items, if necessary. Also, it lets me directly review your character's current quest state.

The quest has not changed. No kites have been added or removed.

Just to make sure all the details are shared, there are 5 kite station locations. Did you go to all 5? On your map, you show only 4.

The key is removed during the quest, prior to receiving the reward.

While accessing your character, I looked for blue markers at the compass on the top of the screen. I hovered my mouse over the blue markers and found the one that mentioned the kite station. I followed the pointed and traveled to the correct kite station. At the station, I saw the lock on the mechanism was glowing blue. I successfully interacted with the lock because the correct key was in your inventory. The container attached to the opposite side of the kite station began glowing blue so I retrieved the experiment results. I took those results to Kortreek in the magic shop and collected a reward. At this point, I logged out.

Sounds good!

There are only 4 kite stations marked on your map. Perhaps you're being sent to the unmarked fifth one?

I am not happy with how busy and cluttered the compass markers are in Grusk, so I submitted some changes that will make some of the less-important markers only visible when you are within a certain distance. This should remove some of the clutter. My guess is that you (and others?) might have trouble seeing some of the quest compass markers because of the clutter and hopefully my change will help improve that.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix (to compass marker distance) needs testing as of 1577

13. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

A somewhat related issue:
    For me, If I look at the Grusk map immediately after I get the daily quest key from Kortreek, the blue POI marker for the kite location will not show up on the map. But if I close the map, wait about a minute and move away from Kortreek's building, and then open the map again, the blue POI appears.
    I thought I would offer this info so that If players do not see the blue POI on the map, they can wait a little while and refresh the map.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, how the marker system works (from my observations) is that for example once you receive the key, you need to actually walk your character a few steps, and then the marker for the current platform will appear.

Rinaldi likes this.