Is the Marketplace going away?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Sep 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

During the livestream and Isabel's Ayin birthday party Ravalox mentioned the Marketplace was going away. Hew was talking about RMT but the Marketplace is were Avatars advertise in-game sales. @Ravalox can you please clarify?

Thank you

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yes, the Marketplace section of the forums will be eliminated when Heritage is removed from the game.

The RMT policy will be:
    We do not support/assist with RMT transactions. We acknowledge they occur, however the execution and discussion of them should not be done on our official social platforms or in game. There are a number of established SotA centric RMT sites or player run Discord servers where these activities can/should take place.

NOTE: The support portion of this policy does not impact the SotA Trusted Traders (such as Markee Dragon)

NOTE2: Profile comments, like "Great Trade, would trade again" (etc) are allowed as long as the RMT aspect is not noted.

Further detail/examples:
    In the event a disagreement of any kind occurs between players relating to RMT transactions, our support team will not be able to mediate or take action against bad actors.

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

That reply confused me even more, as I understood the original question the point being raised was the existing marketplace forums are used for players to trade items IN the game, no RMT involved - there's a huge banner at the top of the forums making it clear that's not allowed - so I can't quite understand the logic that changing RMT policy means deleting forums that already do not have RMT content.

FrostII, FBohler, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

They can't make it too easy, half the point of removing the heritage tag was to allow folks to sell more recently acquired goods as if they were the original versions that have long since been retired, right?

5. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Basically from what I read the tldr is..

We know RMT happens , if you do it it's not on our platforms and if you get scammed etc then you are out of luck.

Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  6. Aurelius Silverson

Which is all true, and is exactly the current position - the Marketplace forum already states NO RMT - so saying we are deleting it because of changes to our RMT rules makes absolutely no sense at all. It's not allowed in there already. Having only just made a big deal of getting rid of heritage so things can be traded (which was an excellent idea) they are proceeding to take away the one place they control where we can trade things for in-game gold or swap things between us. There seems no sense or logic to this. If they want to delete the marketplace forums because they are not used much, or for any other reason they might have, then say so and do that - but deleting them for something that does not happen there is just bizarre.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @Ravalox
    I agree that RMT should and are banned in all areas of communication of SotA.What this has to do with all other sales in the forums and chat still confuses me. If this is because the DEV/Moderators are spending too much time watching for RMT I can understand your need to prioritize your time. But removing The Player Marketplace where in-game sales are posted means your are saving your time while making the Avatars run to each town to see the vendor list.

Please don't remove The Player Marketplace.

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  8. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Oh yeah, sorry my bad yeah it should still stay imo.

FrostII likes this.
  9. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

last time I checked, the player marketplace is rarely used anyway...
    You can use discord, and you can also use trade chat ingame.

Diablotine

FBohler likes this.
  10. Aurelius Silverson

Then delete it because it's rarely used, do not use a unrelated policy change as an excuse.

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think this is really strait forward and makes it very clear that "these forums, our forums" should not become the market place. The traders web sites are for "that purpose, their purpose".

One bad trade can create a very disruptive black eye for "our game" and I think having trade off our site keeps our game safe from any scammers. I have never seen a scammer here on "our web page", but that could happen.

Having a single Trusted Trader is also a good thing, as our trusted trader is a personal close and long held friend of our creators, which keeps our other market places alive through showing that trades can be safely made, are not discouraged and are a part of our normal game enjoyment.

"As a Buyer" I'm real sure I've made purchases from all the traders that can be found and have had no problems doing business through them all, but scams that could effect our game can be done both ways, as a buyer or a seller, so those arguments and issues should not effect the traquil nature of "our game's official helpful forums right here".

~As Advertised~
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

12. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Bingo.

The RMT thing was just a bad excuse.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.