More Boss Creatures scattered throughout Novia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fetid SirDidy, Sep 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

permanent spawns or random spawns, more daemons, trolls, pheonix, dragons etc would add more excitement to novia and could revitalize underused zones. unleash the beasts!

Sara Dreygon, FBohler, Dysis and 3 others like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

All for this.... Except for horse sized tigers making scenes look ridiculous.

FBohler likes this.
  3. Radicus

Radicus Avatar

While I'm in the zone for the repeat quests. I like to hunt the boss spider in Necropolis Barrens that only comes out at night.

FBohler likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'm favorable of adding random mini boss event, which will spawn in a scene after X mobs are killed and yield way better loot and XP.
    Make the mini boss' rewards grow significantly with time taken between spawns (i.e. the least visited zones will have nicer rewards).
    Then add a small chance to spawn a proper boss, elite mob. Make them special and named, make the fight require some strategy and maybe a small group. This spawn may trigger a worldwide message calling players to fight it. After killing it, a treasure chest may spawn for each player, with contents scaled by the damage done to the boss and healing/support to players.

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I prefer roaming bosses... always 1-2 in the game roaming a scene somewhere until someone finds and kills it. I know scenes aren't "spawned" unless someone enters but it'd be queued for that zone for the next time someone enters.

• One mob should take 4ish medium players (L110-120) to kill
    • Another mob should take 4ish high level players (L140 or so) to kill
    • Both would give great loot (100k for low level one and maybe 400k for high level one)
    • Both would attenuate the explorers immediately (maybe 30m xp so the split for four players would be 15m)
    • Key would be making it WORTH players wasting time entering god-awful scenes like South Valeway in search of them. This would be called... "adventuring" TM.
    • Noobs could even "sell" their location if they found one in a super low level zone.
    It'd give me something to do 24/7 when I'm tired of crafting or attenuating and would add a new profession and thing to do in the game.

What would it take to do this ... umm... @Alley Oop who'd be the dev doing this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2022
    Enfo, FBohler and Sentinel2 like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that'd be @Sannio!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.