What PvP Players can look forward to

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by enderandrew, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i once used a box of magic the gathering cards to start a camp fire! :) thats the only use i could find for them!

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

But it wasnt before trammel! It was quite full then! You also need to take in mind that WoW came out with cleaner 3d graphics (wether we liked them or not) so people flocked there becaus it was 3d, and not 2d top down graphics!

3. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

Oh it wasn't successful but they managed to develop (and launch) a full blown sequel? Riiiiight.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I thought Darkfall was great. The reason I left was because it was more expensive than any other game out there and people were using hacks that defeated the purpose of the game. I think if they would have had a kickstarter things would have been different. Then they could have delivered more of what they promised and maybe had the resources to deal with cheats.

The Full Loot Open PvP would have worked wonderfully if they could have reigned in the cheating.

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

It did well. I had far too much RL smacking me in the face to spend time on it though.
    I really can't stand hacks, hackers or exploiters. I've seen some craziness in my times in every mmo I've ever played. I've personally never taken advantage of hacks, bugs or dupes (almost) I did take advantage of a bug back in the UO days. Before a server would go down for maintenance if you crossed server lines it reset your stat gain timer. So you just hopped back and forward and did some action tied to a stat you got an instant gain in Str, Dex or Int. It really wasn't anything game breaking. You had about 10 or 15 minutes of unlimited stat gain and it was nice for starting an alt.
    In UO I've seen speedhackers. As much as EA and OSI denied it they did in fact exist. I've seen dupes there as well. I was also teleported on top of a mountain tile on Siege chasing someone down.
    I've seen very real hacks in WoW. There was one going on for a while with capping flags in Warsong Gulch. One individual kept abusing it for an entire weekends on the Hordeside and rustled my jimmies like no ones business. If they got the flag it somehow shot them all the way back into their flag room instantly. It would insta cap it.
    Not to mention groups running dual clients and having a different factioned alt hold their flag that was on your team.
    I never came across hacks that I knew about on Age of Conan. Just gathering bots but I enjoyed those. They became a steady stream of free kills while they were running. When you're level 20 and running from node to node outside of Stygia killing level 80 bots nonstop your pvp rank goes up insanely fast :D

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

Lineage2 was out a year before with far superior graphics than WoW...carebearness and ease of play is what put WoW over the top.

Time Lord and Abydos like this.
  7. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Warcraft had built a name for itself already. They also had the best cover art and best marketing at the time. If the same crew would have been in charge of UO we would not be here today.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Yiu

Yiu Avatar

Hi guys, sorry for my english, I'm French

* Full guild warfare. Warring guilds can kill opposing members at any time. Those that don't want to partake aren't forced to join those guilds.

in this case it is necessary to limit the number of guild war but we can make war forced. Otherwise, the guild will refuse all the time war

* Open world PvP in any place at any time with players who've opted into a PvP flag.

flags ruine the freedom pvp, it's fail idea. pvp is almost non-existent

Time Lord likes this.
  9. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Yeah, we completely made fun of WoW's graphics. They were terrible compared to the state of the art at the time. The thing about WoW was it was designed to run on really old computers and use very, very few system resources. L2, GuildWars, and really any other game at the time was better.

Time Lord and Starkiller-BH like this.
  10. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Es-tu Québécois ? Je t'invite à venir IcI !

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Yiu

Yiu Avatar

Je suis français :)
    Mod Edited for content.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

:D

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Endest

Endest Avatar

No, PVP ruins PVP in a non-skill based game. Flags just give the rest of us a way to opt out and play the fun parts of a game instead of quitting totally. Thankfully SOTA devs have once again confirmed we will not have to worry about that here.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Yiu

Yiu Avatar

Unfortunately, the game is more like a pve.... there is more chalenge

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

No flagging doesn't ruin PvP. There should just be separate server types available. Flagging leads to more ganking and griefing than any open world FFA PvP does. Many people that considered themselves PvPers before Lineage2 could not handle the Flag system and left the game BECAUSE of it. There is actually enough proof out there that your statement is false and not just an opinion. The majority of the guilds that came to Lineage2 from Shadowbane and Dark Age of Camelot left less than 2 months into the game for the very reason that Flagging encouraged ganking instead of stopping it.

It has always amazed me why Respected Fellow Players care so much about dying in PvP, you should be WAY more offended by dying in PvE to a non-thinking, repetitive, easy to kill AI over a living, breathing, thinking opponent!

blaquerogue and acrylic_300 like this.
  16. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

Why? PvErs get special rewards PvPers don't get unless they PvE. Your statement makes no sense.

blaquerogue, Abydos and acrylic_300 like this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i think all of us PVPrs should just forget what type of play we like and take up crafting and PVE! then we can run all over the AI get all the trasures, then go back to the tavern and listen to the NEW complaints! "i wish you guys had your own world!", your game play is effecting the economy, i wish you could go to your own shard and mess up your economy!" How come the boss monsters are always dead when we get there! I wish PVP and PVE had separate shards! I think that is what it is going to take! to get a little more respect as a PVP/ PK'r type characters we are going to have to run all over their land and dominate!

18. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

This assumes that items are a source of power. The indications are that rare items with amazing combat stats will not exist. If a PvP player ascends to the height of achievement, what they will get is a tabard that always burns with blue and red flames, not a giant axe that let's him cut off your head with unsurpassed speed.

I say let the PvP crowd have their rewards. I'll have what rewards MY efforts reap, you'll have the rewards that YOUR efforts reap.

19. Starkiller-BH

Starkiller-BH Avatar

Again, why is it you PvErs think PvPers shouldn't get items of power for rewards? PvE only gets rewards, so should PvP. That is what is called balance.

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  20. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Not really. PvP players have access to all the rewards that PvE players have. There is no reason for further reward; PvP should be the reward in and of itself.

If you want extra stuff, then I would argue that you don't want PvP at all, you just want more than the next guy and PvP is the vehicle for your power trip.

Balance = Everyone has the same opportunities. If one play style or another gets more, then there is no balance.

Why do PvPers think they need more than everyone else? Back at ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.