Experience gain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turk Key, Dec 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Skill gain at a decent rate isn't "productive" ?
    Going nowhere is the exact opposite of decent skill gain... going nowhere ? Seriously ?

FBohler likes this.
  2. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

You're just running up numbers, that's not a goal in and of itself for the majority of the gaming public, though SoTA is certainly designed to appeal to that segment more than most. Supercharging XP gain will certainly improve the experience for long term players that are determined to see those numbers go up, it just also destroys the experience for new players, making virtually all the story content a cakewalk since they'll be so overlevelled.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Why then server population gets a bump while 2x is on and a dip when 2x is turned off?

FrostII likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

As per OP's premise (that they've reached a point where the skill increases are so insignificant that grinding xp has become pointless) moar xp is not the answer to the problem they're having. And, as I stated, doubling xp again is not incentive, and I quote, "for me, at least." No amount of additional xp that I can reasonably earn playing 3-4 hours a week, even doubled, is going change anything for me. But if we're just throwing out random suggestions to get other people playing, then sure, why not.

[EDIT: Actually, there is one way in which I would see a benefit to doubling xp- producer xp. Still not enough probably to come back, but I'll concede that one.]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    ConjurerDragon and Turk Key like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I love the temporary bonuses that SotA awards us with during the holidays. Free monthly Rewards, Sales on items i want but just could not afford, 2x experience gain, all of these keep me coming back to do more things in game. 2x Experience is one of my favorites because it allows me to take on the next level instances or craft that next level equipment. The DEVs also make this relevant as they increase the Tier for enemy and craftable items. I look forward to the new 120 level alchemy items. As for it being a dip when the reward is turned off means you do not understand what a reward/gift is. Take Christmas as an example. What would Christmas be like if we had it all year. Thank you DEVs for the holiday gift and you can expect me to be in game more during these times.

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think that XP at higher levels needs to increase a lot more imo too. the cost per .1 is way to much which creates treadmill exhaustion which will lead players looking for other things to do / fill time as mentioned by many here. Some players tend to do the dump and pump where they will level something up to that point where its UGH forever.... Than they will dump another major skill to pump up a few points into one skill just cause its cheaper to relevel back up the other to give them a short term fix haha. But after doing that over and over it can get rather Zzzz too. I see 2xp like a crack fix haha. high level players who are int he bored will log in to take advantage. usually I think those people are playing other games well waiting for more content and or improvements. which is great when they do come back but its short term sometimes because soon as 1xp comes that wall goes back up and the trickle is too slow.

Adding more xp to higher zones also presents a larger issues. with small dev team its hard to keep up development as is, add more xp into the game and faster leveling more people will run out of content faster making that curve for development vs level change to the point where many will surpass content and content cant than keep up. just being real there haha.

So not sure what the best solution is but there always has to be progression in the players view or they will burnout and move to something new and shiny. just my view :)

Turk Key and FBohler like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I see a lot of people who don't care about grinding XP talking about 2x XP.

It's like someone who don't deco talking about restricting the floating deco stuff because it isn't a feature on purpose.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And I see a lot of people disregarding the OP and inserting their own xp hobby horses. I'm not against 2xp, I just don't think it addresses OP's issue, and discussion of it hijacks the thread. But hey, you do you.

Vesper likes this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

sure if you want to get ganked while adventuring.

even with the low population not can happen. I talked with another player who seemed confused that I no longer was flagged pvp. He saw my name in the friends list that I was on and in xx zone. He travelled to the adventure scene just to attack me and was disappointed I was no longer flagged pvp. :D

he knew I would of been easy prey. Lol

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm pretty sure aside from folks using deco exploits to create R rated tableau, deco rules aren't high on the list of "things that affect new players" where XP gain rates is near the top.

11. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Aka has trouble with these critters trying to solo.

Frost Giant= no
    Spider Queen+minions= no
    Spider Queen -minions=plausible
    Air Elemental Lord=Yes, but if the minions spawn, it’s difficult.
    Air Elementals (many in group)=difficult
    (I think my heavy armor incurs a lightening penalty)
    T18 pirate (only 1)= yes
    T18 melee pirates ( more than 1)=yes
    T18 ranged pirates ( magic, arrows)= no

Aka can’t solo zones that have hordes of mobs in clusters. Aka tries to work the encounters for 1:1 fights if possible.

If Bard skills didn’t exist, the list would ne longer.

Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume that you mean in The Breach and not Suutak's platform in Well of Aldur. I don't know of anyone who can solo that. I could get through the first wave but that's about it.

[edit] I'm currently trying to get all the components necessary in offline to craft some good gear so that I can see what I can do with that and all skills at 200. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Akandriel likes this.
  13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Entering a town with towering, neon lit impossible structures does affect new players. I've seen people quit because of that.

14. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, those monstrosities are funding the game, so you can't very well get rid of them.

15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It's a paradox, what feeds the beast slowly kills it too.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What do you suggest they do about it?

17. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That's a lot like asking what Germany should do about its 2022 World Cup aspirations, a bit late at this point. Maybe with the next title the team works on they'll focus more on the experience for all players instead of the small minority of well-heeled ones, but with crypto in the mix, I highly doubt it.

FBohler likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Then so is complaining about it. Having a house and decorating it however you want was a major selling point of this game.

19. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm pretty sure that 100' tall marquees were not advertised in any Kickstarter I backed.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
  20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

thats why POT exist with rules so that we can keep that fantasy element. would be cool though if there was something for POTs to flag as creative / vs game immersive.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.