Star Citizens ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TerokNor, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerokNor

TerokNor Avatar

Hi who else is here for an awesome Lord British game and get a Crossbow in the progress :)

2. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

i pledged way before it was announced the cross-game universe goodies

both of these games are masterpieces from an art lost long ago

it's good to see the Masters back in action

3. Rossum

Rossum Avatar

I backed both games from day one. The crossbow is just a nice bonus. But I think we have Chris Roberts to thank for reaching those final stretch goals - there was a big surge of backers after he announced the cross-promotion.

4. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

I found out about SotA only from the Crossbow announcement. T'was already past the kickstarter campaign, but I backed via paypal anyway. The Ultima and Wing Commander games defined my childhood.

Both projects got roughly the same amount of backing from me in the end. Can't wait to see the fruit now that the seed hath been sowed.

5. freeege

freeege Avatar

Yes I am a backer of both projects. Thinking next year will be a busy year.

6. sathlin

sathlin Avatar

I backed both, though not at the crossbow level. lol

7. Van

Van Avatar

I kind of got pointed here via SC, but the game looks glorious, so it's not merely for the crossbow.

8. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

hmm... maybe we should setup a StarCitizen Guild ;) :D

9. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

*Hopes for crossover lore*

Perhaps the world of SotA might be classifed as a UEE developing world that is off limits, except to a rare few who have explicit permission to meld with the population to determine the source of the unknown technology some of the simple minded primitives appear to be able to command at will.

Who knows... there might be a secret encounter out there where you discover a piece of strange metal with the words ARTE* painted on it in a strange script.

That said,

What we need is a rope ladder for tethering our pledge ships to our humble (and for some, not so humble) abodes!

*gazes at the mighty Constellation hovering overhead*

Arthur C Clarke: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

10. Ser Erris

Ser Erris Avatar

I am here not cause of the crossbow, but I joined in in the last four hours and ... aehm ... again spend a lot of money to get a Knight.

Greetings to all you Citizens

11. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

@DragonFireSG
    I like the idea alot, we should add that as Game Idea in the SC forum to see if the Dev's will pick it up

it'll make it much more immersive ;) :D

12. Marc-Reis

Marc-Reis Avatar

I am all in!

13. bobflo

bobflo Avatar

I actually discovered SotA via one of the Star Citizen comm-link ;)

When I was a kid, Origin Systems meant excellent games, with top of the notch graphics (and usually high-frequency CPU requirements :) ). So you can imagine how excited I am to wait for descendants of Wing Commander and Ultima series at the same time !

14. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

I pledged for both as soon as I could. This is my childhood all over again! :)

However as far as the cross over goes, I hope it's left mostly ambiguous. The Kilrathi ship was more or less in "Easter Egg" capacity. There was never any real justification within the game. It was just there for fun (and because we as the player knew the games were from the same developer studio).

Trying to bring SOTA into the world of Star Citizen (a futuristic real world) kills the fantasy angle.

15. Entheos

Entheos Avatar

I backed both projects at fairly significant levels long before the cross-promotion items were announced... as someone else said earlier, it's good to have the kings of their respective Genres back on their thrones.

@Dean478: What's to say that the UEE hasn't already discovered the world, and declared it a "Developing System" like Oso II was. It would sure make for some interesting crossover opportunities and easter eggs, to be sure. Should contact be made, the "offworlders" might be declared heretics/witches and be burned at the stake for their strange appearances and Magical flying machines...

But I digress...Origin Systems defined my gaming experience in the same way that SSI did with all of the "Forgotten Realms" Gold Box games, and Spectrum Holobyte, Microprose, and Sierra/Dynamix did with flight sims.

Now if they'd only make Falcon 5...I could die a happy man. :D

16. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I would love to get in on this but didnt know about it till a couple of days ago and cant work out if he is still accepting pledges and how to pledge if he is. Could only find add ons

17. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

It was Chris Roberts twisting my arm telling me to pledge for SOTA.. well it didn't take much twisting the game does sound great and what an awesome bunch of people behind it.

Good to see a familiar face here All Gamer, or should I say Sir All Gamer.

18. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Are you referring to pledges for Star Citizen? Maybe this question would be better off asked over at RSI.

19. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

Me too, but SC will never be on Linux, so if it didnt run in wine - i wont play it!

20. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

@Deliverence
    ...still the same old All Gamer

you can skip the formalities :D

@Asguard
    yes still accepting pledges, lowest one is $35 for the Digital Scout to get you into Alpha/Beta

@CCarpenter
    SC wiil be ported to Linux / MAC after CryTek releases OpenGL version of their CryEngine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.