Skill questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xithar, Dec 27, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xithar

Xithar Avatar

I guess I'm not the only one who still wonders about details of some skills. To some one may find infos, but they are mostly old and partwise outdated.

Summoning, Pet Speed, Pet Strength, Pet Attack Precision , Pet Hide Toughness
    Is there still a cap to the pet boosting effects of those skills (so they will not boost any further if you get a higher skill level in the skill)?

Obedience & Resurrect Creature
    Have those skills any additional effect (beside chance to use no reagents) when raising them higher?

Swift Gathering vs Meticulous Collecting
    Does it make sense to rise Swift Gathering above ~130 or is it more usefull to get Meti. even higher with those XPs?

Meticulous Collecting (GM+)
    Is there a level when you plan to stop raising it because it takes just too many XP compared to it's usefullness? In particular above 150?

Thanks in advance,
    Xithar

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

149 is the sweet spot, gives you 50% critical chance on any node.

Yes
    No

Xithar and Anpu like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It would be nice to know explicitly via tooltip what's the attunement effect to skills.

Xithar likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Hmm not sure on the air elemental gaining from Spec. Same with Attunement. Seems that pet for me "Lich" did not seem to get stronger from it. maybe its just small and I am not seeing it.

As to leveling and if you should cap it depends on what you want end game. some of us are very extreme and 1% gain is still a gain in our minds even though its little. the 149% as mentioned is a good spot, but me at 150+ still see the 170 miners out pacing in nodes and xp so if you have enough to take it extreme the pay off over time is still faster than lower numbers. If you want to go that extreme the pay back is worth it, but to get there may take a lot of time.

I dont invest much into swiftness as it does not gain as much as the first skill and the met. Met being the star of the show.

Xithar likes this.
  5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

As to swift gathering: Mine is at 135, but I didn't notice much improvement from 120. I get more improvement from Lead Gauntlets and 2Y Whiskey.

Meticulous collecting is really, really starting to get good above 155. That's also where the going gets really hard. I'm at 160 now and very happy; and will try to get it up further in the future.

Xithar likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's not really possible to say whether or not it's worth it to put points into a particular skill without knowing what level other skills are at and comparing to the alternatives. Gains per xp get pretty slow on all production skills after a certain point, so generally it's best to distribute xp somewhat evenly over all skills that are useful.

Swift gathering for mining can become irrelevant if you're using obsidian potions of expedience, expedience jewels, and gauntlets of lead, but most of the time it still helps a little bit.

Xithar likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can always try these things in offline mode to see where is the best place to put your points.

Xithar likes this.
  8. Xithar

Xithar Avatar

Thanks for all your answers.
    Mining:
    My mainproblem with those lvl 135 gathering skills is that it's hard to measure if it still does any imropvements since it gets smaller with each higher level, especially around 125+.
    But I'll also stop training swiftness at 135 now and will get mining to 149.

Offline mode: I never tried it yet. Does it overtake the existing online character? But even if it doesn't I may perhaps test some of those things (like if the air spec helps the air ele.) on the testserver instead by dropping the skill.
    Thanks for the idea :)

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unfortunately, it doesn't. However, you can use this app to set your offline avatar's skills the same as your online avatar's.

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I had mine up pretty high around 140+ now took it much higher the few % has given me more xp / hour which is how I lock it but its not static sometimes the runs are less sometimes they are more but in most cases its more ore and xp. It does go up .1 per level but when you get a full % it is a full %. I dont think its the same weight as adventure for the curve of skill vs math.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.