Proposed Consequences for Murder

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Betamox, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I really wish people would stop classing PKs as griefers. There are many good and fair PKs along with a handful of griefers....... This is also replicated in the PvM/E and RP world as well.

2. vjek

vjek Avatar

Mobs can be far more difficult, far more challenging, and far more random than any human.
    The Quake Reaper Bot is an excellent example, and it was developed over 12 years ago.
    I have never seen anyone, 1v1, beat a quake reaper bot.
    Mob combat scripting is dumbed down by choice, not because it can't be done. "the cloud" makes disk, memory, and cpu no longer an excuse.

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

in my mind you can't make a NPC as interesting and as intelligent as another human player. Adding large amounts of HP and huge DPS is a poor substitute.

4. vjek

vjek Avatar

You may want to watch that video. It's the same as a normal player, stat-wise. There is no need to adjust HP or DPS to make mobs/bots/ai challenging.

5. Juvez

Juvez Avatar

Am i understanding wrong.. but isnt the player killing the bot? As he say on description that he have for years compete against the bot to see how fast he can make 20 frags. And the bot have 0-3 dificult level and on this video its the 3 the mega hard.

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Just watched it. The point is that it is a bot, it doesn't behave like a human in any way shape or form. I could be doing it a huge injustice but it just feels like it pops out at random positions at a very fast speed and take a few shots.

7. vjek

vjek Avatar

Sorry, I put in the wrong link! (edited the post)
    The first post was a player just timing the spawn points in a map, without letting the bot actually survive more than a few seconds.
    My mistake, copied the wrong one.

8. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Still no official word on full pvp or not.. wtheck.. why make a game just like all the other games out there dont u want a game like uo or eve.. where theres loyal players for 10 plus years n 15 plus years..? This style pvp is makin me sick.. we wanna no so we can either keep supporting the game or leave it n get excited about archeage

9. Ara

Ara Avatar

http://www.mindspring.com/~win32ch/Reaper.htm

Things the Reaper can do, that you cannot include:

Ability to grab the rocket or grenade launcher without being physically near it. You gotta love it when you are out of rockets and like a mirage of an oasis in the desert, the rocket launcher vanishes into thin air just as you reach out to partake of its life giving bounty.

Faster rate of fire. From rockets to nails the Reaper has you beat on quantity, so you better be focusing on quality shots.

Perfect Aim. A Reaper will never miss its target when firing the shotgun. I have been fragged more times by this weapon than all the others combined. Not very realistic.

Aimbot and shooting faster then a human is a bot that is not playing as a human.

vjek likes this.
  10. pvp update please

pvp update please Avatar

So is it true that the pvp system is horrible and not like we thought it was going to be..?

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Depends on what you *thought* it was going to be, and whether that jived with the details noted in Kickstarter regarding consent, guilded PvP, PvP enforced quests, and such.

If you believed anything beyond what was officially detailed, then that was mere speculation, and without basis in fact. :)

Phredicon likes this.
  12. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

I know a lot of crafters/gatherers who used Tracking, because they had built themselves to effectively flee PKs.

Start gathering, enable Tracking. Keep refreshing it.

Well-trained, it picks a murderer up off-screen. By the time they're on-screen, you're recalling out.

Sent from my EVA Unit-01 using Tapatalk

13. Juvez

Juvez Avatar

*sory offtopic*

Beter this time :p I agree that bots/mobs can be made so hard they would always win.. but they are dumbed down to be more fun and realistic, spcecialy in fps games you can make them hit always and do moves what would be harder for normal player like constant bunny jumping.. or evades perfectly.

But as the first link you showed if the player is good (not like the one on this edited one) and knows the map, he can easy kill the bot.. the bot dont understand to try trick or evade portals and just walks to his death, and on that map its realy important you remember what portal works where and that you can hear it. Even if the player would let it get all full weapons, he would been soon enought again just spawn killing it cos he is not just doing as he is coded. I have played against same quake bots and it can be fun and challenge, but still its never same experience as against other real players.

Here is tho some funy StarCraft 2 bot videos, they are 2years old as well, there most likely is some even beter ones around now.

First some Zerg control

Then some Marine

If the default SC2 bots would be like this.. im sure they would be much more challenge :p The default ones are more about cheating whit rescourses and maphack, dumbed otherwise.

vjek likes this.
  14. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

I'm not sold.

Players are more entertaining to me, still.

Sent from my EVA Unit-01 using Tapatalk

15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Not all PKers are griefers. But allowed full non-consent PvP with full loot will enable and incentivize griefing.

Giving PKers what they're asking for is inviting in all the griefers.

Phredicon and Morkul like this.
  16. Kal

Kal Avatar

also murderers loved the hiding skill. and if anti pk's came after them they could quickly hide, but with tracking they could be found.

since they are hidden it means they aren't moving, then you reveal them by throwing some exploding potions there or use the reveal spell right as someone gets ready to attack them.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

In a perfect system, all in PvP could be the way to go. Then again, in a perfect system, one could make the case that AI can do things that a human could never accomplish. Until we have a perfect system, one way or the other, let the players decide their style.

NRaas likes this.
  18. Ara

Ara Avatar

I agree they are more fun.

I like to compete with something that have feelings.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So if I cross a road I am inviting every car to try and run me over?

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Not quite true.....many PKs like to be seen.

It's a bit like a fox hunt.......I dress in weird clothes, make lots of noise, draw attention to myself.........then chase the fox :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.