Arcane catalyst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turk Key, Jan 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Smelling salts.

[edit] Smelling salts also remove stun and confusion. Very handy to have on your utility bar.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    ConjurerDragon and Anpu like this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Smelling salts have a cooldown longer than the mezz effect, and pirate mages SPAM mezz, so you're very likely to helplessly watch mobs kill you for 10 seconds every couple of minutes if 2 or more mages engage you. Even stunning the mages won't cancel the mez cast.

3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Any good D&D Master will promptly punish a player that tries to override his game's lore with speculation.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Put them in an unlocked slot on a combat deck. Also, the cooldown is way shorter than the mesmerize duration.

FBohler likes this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Any good D&D Master will promptly use the players speculations to enhance the lore of his game and realize that punishing players for being imaginative and using their fantasy is counterproductive.

Anpu likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

As my combat deck can't stand any more glyphs, I use a better strategy: avoiding them entirely, because their XP and loot are rubbish.

Turk Key and Barugon like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think you'll have a long wait until our Game Masters / Devs start using our speculations to enhance arcane catalyst lore :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

best put this on a wish list, I agree 100% another sink for sure, I'm with you in the thousands and thousands on and and not able to use them fast enough lol. potion, food, or even crafting material for something else or another consumer.

Turk Key and FBohler like this.
  9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Most every suggestion so far is more faucet than sink.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Originally there was no daily restriction and you could turn these in each time you did a siege (but the reward was significantly less) It made doing sieges much more lucrative getting the extra quest reward for clearing it. But then they decided to do "double xp weekends" and so naturally, people would wait and turn in their catalysts (and wine bottles and other such things) when the server wide double toggle was on. This just made good sense. So you'd have people sitting there feeding hundreds of the things to the npc in one sitting which triggered auto-ban and other such fun.

So they made it a daily and bumped up the reward but the game still allows you to collect more and more of the things.
    This is okay if you want to collect a few days' worth of your daily if you aren't going to have time to do the sieges.
    But if you just like doing sieges for the loot or cabalists or other reasons, you accumulate thousands of these.
    I heard rumors a while ago about some sort of crafting recipe that would use these but guess that never manifested.
    Still could though, someday, so not getting rid of mine. Been burned too many times selling junk and then next patch its pure gold so...hoarding.

Wilfred, Turk Key, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yep too that 100%

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.