1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Obsidian Item of Superior Unlearning

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by brewtus23, Mar 28, 2023.

1. brewtus23

brewtus23 Avatar

I wanted to inquire to see if maybe Sota would be so inclined to introduce an Item to the mix say called OBSIDIAN ITEM OF SUPERIOR UNLEARNING. This item when used would allow you to untrain an entire Skill tree or your entire Adventure/Crafting category. I think this would be a very popular item for alot of sota players and i can see this being a profitable item for sota. obsidian item of unlearning cost 300 coto, obsidian item of greater unlearning cost 1500 coto, and maybe throw the NEW OBSIDIAN ITEM OF SUPERIOR UNLEARNING up for say 7500 cotos. This would follow the prices of each one x5 more cost then the lower level one. I know the little bit of xp that is left when you unlearn an entire skill tree isn't very much however i feel those skill points are extremly valuable in this game when you take into account the level of time invested into the game to get those points. Let me know your thoughts on my proposal. and it feels great to be back playing this amazing game yet again

Anpu and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The Obsidian Item of Greater Unlearning already does this.

[​IMG]

3. brewtus23

brewtus23 Avatar

Lained, No it doesn't. When you use that item it takes your skill back down to the lowest level prerequisite needed to be able to train in the next skill. So like my Range tree my Ranged Combat is stuck at 10 and the next Seven Skills are all stuck at 40, then the next is stuck at 80. Which comes to about 785k xp. I know that isn't alot of xp to some people, but not everyone is super high adventure level and alot of those xp points make a big difference to the little guys. Alot don't realize when you first start playing you have skills that are turned on automatically and start training, like didn't understand the green arrow up and red arrows done stuff at first and ended up wiht points put into skills i wish had never been placed.

Anpu likes this.
  4. brewtus23

brewtus23 Avatar

Yeah totally understand about the 1st skill in the tree that cost Gold to unlock and that is fine, let the New Unlearning Item take it back down to lvl 1 problem solved and then the gold that is paid to unlock that isn't effected. Your response of just accept shouldn't be what we just have to do otherwise we could just say that about alot of things in game and that isn't the kind of game i think we are trying to support. The making of the new item does just that also, it supports the game in return we get back a few bits of xp that just might make a difference in someone new playing the game who just didnt understand how the leveling system works with the Green arrows/Red Arrows on skills work and they wasted a bunch of starter xp. This isn't some huge major change that is going to drastically change the game so i can't see why there would be push back against it honestly. and at the end of the day the more support for the game is what i want and hope to do

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

@brewtus23 I noticed the point you were making after posting.
    While it may seem like a lot of xp at lower levels even at higher levels 7,500 cotos is a lot and that would price those extra xp saved at 125 xp per coto. :S

FBohler likes this.
  6. brewtus23

brewtus23 Avatar

So again i just threw an amount based off the prices of what the other x2 unlearning items are. the single is 300 and the greater is 1500, which is 5 times more expensive then the other so i just threw it up as x5 more then the greater, yes maybe a different price, but i really don't care on the price as i would buy it anyways . The stuff i suggested is just that a suggestion or request i should say.

7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I don't believe the game needs a "return to zero" kind of unlearning item.

If you're "small" enough to care for less than a million XP, you're probably better off starting a new character over.
    If you're "big" enough to not be viable to start a new char from scratch, you must not care for a million XP.

And obviously, you can always manually untrain skills and get a fraction of the XP back.

PS: if you join a CP group, 1 million will take what, 5 minutes?