Easter weekend and no double xp's.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrostII, Apr 7, 2023.

1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Seriously ?? :mad:

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific time frames should Double XP be applied?

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You get double XP, you just have to figure out where the easter bunny hid it. Try Myrkur.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It does indeed come down to perspective, doesn't it @Anpu ....
    From the perspective of someone who's been here from the beginning, I - for one - haven't come across many players that don't enjoy double xp's...
    After all, who is "hurt" by double xp's ???

5. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I raise my hand. I know there are players who only connect when there is double XP. On the contrary, XP usually matters little to me. I've already had experience in a game where almost everyone's desire was to get to max level as quickly as possible and you're almost pushed to do the same.
    That desire makes you forget to enjoy the rest of the game and in SotA there are many more things to do, very good, and very beautiful.

Tirrag, Vaentorian, Akandriel and 4 others like this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Everyone. Even if the victims are perhaps unaware.
    It´s like, instead of taking a walk through the city sightseeing and enjoying the the nature of beauty and architecture, watching the people drinking coffee or reading their paper in a shop - driving by the town on an Autobahn.
    Sure - you get the XP. Sure - your character raises his skills and levels faster. And then? Then you have missed the natural development of your character. The challenge to be faced by opponents that are your match on each level you gain, the time to try out the stuff they drop before replacing it with the next better stuff you find.

Sure, a couple of times doing an XP ERG run for 1 or 5 million XP does no harm once you are beyond level 100 and need ever more XP to advance.
    But rushing to the maximal character development and so making all challenges and rewards between meaningless for your avatar is a loss IMO.

Tirrag, Anpu, Ravalox and 2 others like this.
  7. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

-raises her hand-

Oh the joy of having attendance to live concerts drop to single digit when a double XP event appears out of the blue and overlaps with the date you picked and announced weeks, if not months, in advance. :')

jrs99 and Isabel Ayin like this.
  8. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I wanted to comment on this as I have heard a few different aspects on 2XP and even statements like it is/should be only turned on for US holidays, is/should be turned on once a month, or is/should be turned on for every major holiday

The sales schedule is not static and 2xP is not tied to it. 2XP is more of a random modifier to our events. In this case, there is no double XP for this weekend since we just had a Double XP weekend for Ostara (which occurs along with the Spring Solstice) and St Patty's Day happens to occur then as well.

We tie our "holiday" events to ancient festivals as much as we can. The solstices provide four events and tend to align with modern observed holidays. It is our policy to avoid specifically celebrating modern day religious or regional holidays, this has been a tenant since the start. You will find that we Celebrate Ostara, Fall Festivals and Yule along with Lord British' Birthday, with some other more random stuff in there. Things like the two bank holidays (End of May and Start of September) are generic and mostly world wide.

Though we did not do a sale or 2XP specifically for this weekend, there will be other opportunities, and I hear whispers in the wind of one coming up, but the announcements of the whys and what-for has not been made. it's time will be soon.

9. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I do find this all quite funny given how high "normal xp" is these days anyway :D

Margaritte, Anpu and ConjurerDragon like this.
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Shsss. That´s the inflation. It effects everything.

Caree Death and Barugon like this.
  11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Just goes to show how everything is relative :D

Time Lord likes this.
  12. CICI

CICI Avatar

2x exp =)

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

How much rent does it pay?

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I suggested having double XP the weekend of release to encourage people to tune in and see what's new.

15. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

"Alas, single XP is far too long of a time to live among such excellent and admirable Avatars. I don't know if 2XP gets to know you as well as half 2XP as well as it should, and half of you dislike not having 2XP half the time as single XP is what you well deserve.”

(joke)

Tirrag and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Bilbo...

17. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

This is why the player count keeps steadily shrinking at every measure available: questionable decision making.

Saevio Vehemens and FrostII like this.
  18. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

until you get up to 160+ adv level than you understand the 2xp lol when 1 billion xp is needed to raise .1 haha.

its not really about the xp but more about the billion xp and time required to feel progression at these levels is sooooo Slowww.. that you start to wonder about your sanity. :) 555days and counting I sat in this chair for those levels :p

Sentinel2, FrostII and FBohler like this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I like this idea above: Double XP the week of new major game patch releases.

20. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It's very unfortunate to whoever tracks Ravalox's likes and statements in this very forum thread.