polearms vs skeleton = bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Mar 26, 2023.

1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

The mere existance of spec skills defeats your whole point.
    The game requires you to specialize.

Cora Cuz'avich likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

3. Segalleon

Segalleon Avatar

Does specialization prevent me from learning other skills? Does specialization just make some skill trees more powerful than others while making me weaker in just the opposing skill tree? If we want to talk "specialization" then we should go to a UO style system where we can only get certain skills to a useable level.

4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Question:

Answer:

I.e. you can only have one or two builds using the full potential of the game with a single character.

If you feel you can use non-spec'd and non-optimized builds and do just as fine at adventuring, you're very likely underperforming all across the board, not the opposite.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Spec does give you significant gains in skills for sure as well negative on opposing for sure. Over all though undeads are rough in the game. I already am limited because of my spec's to not being able to do much with them either simply because I have such weak heals being death spec with mainly death abilities. Bludgeon is best suited for undead for sure. Swords and poles are more pokey type weapons I think some skills though work better with the pokey weapons on undead If I remember correctly. if I could have any change in to undead it would be to remove the focus drains from the special zombies my life is hard enough solo already :)