1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Armor of Love, Leggings

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by watermelonjay, May 3, 2023.

1. watermelonjay

watermelonjay Avatar

**resolved 5/6/23**
    Incorrect hotkey setting for Interact action. Was accidentally set to Interact (No Chat).

05/03/2023 11:18
    Title: Unable to converse with quest NPC's, they skip to Buy/Sell services with no conversation possible.
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? Unable to complete Armor of Love collection
    Details: Speaking with Thibodeaux only results in Buy/Sell. I was able able to locate this NPC in Jaanaford at night (when "store" was closed) and progressed to the next quest step, "Talk to graveyard caretaker" in Aerie. After attempting to speak with this NPC (any time of day) I am unable to converse with this NPC at all. Unable to complete quest.
    Double checked settings to ensure that skipping merchant conversations is NOT on.
    Steps to Reproduce: n/a
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1654.Date.05.02.23
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (114.8, 30.3, 145.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDExNC43OTgsIDMwLjI1MywgMTQ0Ljk1Mil8KDAsIDAuNjc1LCAwLCAwLjczOCl8NDQ1LjE2NjR8MzAuMjkyNjl8NC44MTI0NDM=

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@watermelonjay , sorry to learn about your problems! I have some questions.

I'm confused. You say Thibodeaux only results in buy/sell but then you say you progressed to the next quest step. You can only progress through conversation, so am I correct to assume that initially Thibodeaux did't allow for conversations but later did allow for a conversation?

Have you noticed an errors in your game at this point?

Have you returned to this location and tried to talk to Thibodeaux? If you can talk to her, what does she say?

Since you advanced your quest, is the NPC you're talking about here Aerie's graveyard caretaker, Yngvarr Diggins? If so, does he not offer a conversation at all, does he offer a blank conversation which won't allow you to respond, does he immediately offer the buy/sell trade window, or something else?

Have you noticed an errors in your game at this point?

Have you returned to this location and tried to talk to the graveyard caretaker? If you can talk to him, what does he say?

(His default response when you're not on the quest is "Greetings and well wishes to you, $name$. You are always welcome here! Let me know if you'd like to buy something." If you're on the quest but don't yet have his key, he'll probably say "If you need help from old Yngvarr Diggins, just let me know.")

Good thinking to check that!

Have you tried to talk to other NPCs, especially any merchant? If you try to talk to a merchant, do they skip their conversation and immediately offer the buy/sell trade window?

watermelonjay likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just a guess, did you possibly turn this option on?
    [​IMG]
    Chat Window Options>Disable Clickable Keywords

watermelonjay likes this.
  4. watermelonjay

watermelonjay Avatar

I was able to trigger the NPC conversation only "after hours" when the "store" was closed. The same trick did not work for the graveyard caretaker.

No errors recently.

I have returned. During daytime, Thibodeaux only offers Buy/Sell, and the caretaker only offers Buy/Sell at all hours.

I have noticed a few other NPC vendors skip dialog, but I am not certain that these others even have a non-vendor purpose. All other vendors behave normally (dialog as well as buy/sell).

I just tried it on both NPCs and it didn't affect the lack of dialog.

By the way, not sure if it matters (shouldn't), I am playing this on offline mode, not online.

I am going to tackle the other quest that has Thibodeaux as an NPC.

Thanks for following up on this issue!

Anpu likes this.
  5. watermelonjay

watermelonjay Avatar

@Sannio I have noticed that there are other NPCs giving me this problem. Both are part of armor collection quests. Isabel Spalding, Textiles Merchant in Aerie as part of the "Collect Order of Truth Armor" quest. And Pip, Weaponry Merchant in Desolis in the Mention FitzOwen Legacy to Pip quest.
    Same issue with the NPCs only presenting with Buy/Sell and no way to have the quest dialog with the NPC and no further quest progression is possible. I'll keep an eye out for more. I think I will try these same quests on a another character as well.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm currently doing a run through of the Episode 1 Main Quest in offline but for me, I am not seeing this happening:
    [​IMG]

NPC dialogue is all currently working just fine for me. I don't believe there *is* anything wrong specifically with the Offline mode. Just some guesses or thoughts: Have you manually edited any save game files? If so, that could have corrupted something? Or possibly you have some option turned on(?) that is interfering with this. Outdated display drivers (no idea if that could actually effect this). And lastly, you possibly have a corrupted install of the Game.

Is anyone else possibly playing Offline and seeing this happen?

7. Sannio

@watermelonjay Some NPCs have off-duty responses. It's usually for a only a few minutes and in the middle of the in-game night cycle. Thibodeaux is one of those NPCs who takes time off from work and you can't buy from her while she's off duty. If you try to buy from her while she's off duty, she'll respond with "I'm currently off duty. Please come to the Reliquarium when it opens!" However, an NPC's off-duty status should never affect your ability to progress their quests.

The only time that a merchant NPC should skip opening their conversation and instead open their buy/sell window is when the "Skip Conversation With Merchants" option is checked on. I know you said it's not checked on for you, but something's odd here. Please try this: Check that box "ON" and save and close your settings, then check how NPCs behave and see if there's a difference. Then check that box "OFF" again, save and close your settings, and check if NPCs are working the same or if anything's improved.

I wonder if Anpu is right and you have some corrupted game files. This is a bit extreme right now, but if we can't figure things out with simple fixes, you might want to eventually consider uninstalling your game and reinstalling it, and then seeing if the NPCs work properly.

Anpu likes this.
  8. watermelonjay

watermelonjay Avatar

@Sannio and @Anpu Well, this is embarrassing. I figured out the problem. When I recently had to remap all of my key bindings, I accidentally set the hotkey for Interact (No Chat) instead of just Interact... I really appreciate the support. I wish it wasn't, but it was entirely my error. Quests/NPCs are fine.
    Issue = PICNIC. "Problem in chair, not in computer".

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Sannio

Thanks for the update! I'm glad everything's fixed!

That's a good one! I haven't heard that before, but I have heard of the similar "PEBCAK" which stands for "Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard." :)

watermelonjay and Anpu like this.