1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 71400] Quest broken Speak with Lord Ferig

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Nephilim, May 10, 2023.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Avatar

Online mode

I went to Kobold camp in arena to free Sir Patrick completed the final monkey robot and quest updates and says to go talk to Ferig but I go to turn in quest and I try to talk to Ferig by double clicking on NPC nothing happens so cannot finish quest so it block progress. Sometimes if i continuously double click on Ferig it quickly zooms in and out like it wants to talk but it then quickly exits even before the dialogue window opens.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just a suggestion, exit the scene, and then enter it again. And then speak to him again?

Amusingly, I JUST did this quest in offline right now, but it worked for me just fine (spoke to Lord Ferig and the quest advanced).

05/10/2023 16:28
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    SotA.Win.64.1656.Date.05.09.23
    Area: Novia_R10_Forest01_FerigsBattleCamp/Default
    Area Display Name: Ferig's Battle Camp
    Loc: (26.8, 24.0, -2.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX0ZvcmVzdDAxX0Zlcmlnc0JhdHRsZUNhbXB8RGVmYXVsdHwoMjYuODMxLCAyMy45NTYsIC0yLjIyNil8KDAsIDAuNTgzLCAwLCAtMC44MTIpfC0yNjkuNzY4MnwzNi42MTE0MnwxNS4wMzc1Mg==

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Avatar

I exit map an re entered and I also restart PC same issue playing in online mode. Should I switch to offline mode???

Anpu likes this.
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Avatar

MMM my char is very old should i do a quest reset state? I just dont wanna do all the quests again took ages to do

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Nephilim , I don't think the quest reset will fix this issue. I have some thoughts.

When you try to talk to Ferig, please check your chat window and see if he has said this to you when he cut you off: "Look, you've been very helpful and all that, but I really must think. Good day to you." If he did, then this means you have a quest flag that he thinks means you don't need to talk to him anymore. And if you have this flag, maybe you got it prematurely and I need to rework some quest logic. Regardless, I'll add a delay of a few seconds before he kills the conversation in this way, which won't fix things but you'll at least get time to read his "Look, you've been..." message.

Also, Ferig's conversation has a "line of sight" check on it. This creates realism by stopping an NPC from talking to you when, for example, you are behind a wall and they can't see you. Ferig is out in the open so it shouldn't matter, but I'll uncheck this box anyway just in case.

I was also wondering if you can talk to other NPCs in the scene besides Ferig. We shouldn't just assume Ferig is the problem, maybe it's all of them for you. For example, Captain Ean is standing next to Ferig. What happens when you try to speak with him? What happens when you try to talk to Quinn, the quartermaster who stands in front of a tent across the bridge from Ferig? My assumption is that the other NPCs will converse with you, but it's never wrong to check.

Added as issue #71400

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Avatar

I have reset all quests on char and redid quest and it works now and I think its because char was very old and quest's have changed. Still half the quest markers are located in wrong place and quests don't update properly and misleading like say talk to A but there is no blue marker on map for that person to talk to. This game feels like still alpha

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you're back on track.

Some of the original quests may not have all the proper compass markers. Anytime you do a quest that doesnt have any, or has compass markers in the wrong locations please submit a bug report and I'll ix them as soon as I can.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Avatar

Are you saying even though I used the reset quest option for my account it does not fix quests markers on old chars? So only way to fix is to start a new char? Well is there any way to start new char and keep existing and allow to transfer items to bank and then to new char? Im l73 and shame i have to start over and lose everything, you guys should offer some sort of char transfer xp to new char so can actually play game as currently broken on my char

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, he is not saying that. if it is broken after a quest reset, then it is an actual bug that is there for everyone, new character or old, and needs to be reported.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1659