Star Citizens ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TerokNor, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaekel von dem Hayn

Jaekel von dem Hayn Avatar

My son and I both had already pledged to SotA after first hearing about it through SC. The crossbow just got us to pledge a bit more. Okay, okay... quite a bit more actually.

I would certainly be interested in a SC guild. At least we won't have any Golden Ticket problems here, eh? ;-)

@DragonFireSG
    That is brilliant! I would fully support and endorse such a crossover. It would also subtly explain where these excellent "old school" crossbows came from.

2. Jaekel von dem Hayn

Jaekel von dem Hayn Avatar

I didn't see DragonFireSG's crossover idea on the RSI board so I added it here:
    http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forum/showthread.php?18827-Idea-SotA-world-in-SC-Universe

3. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Big thanks to Chris Roberts for helping us out during Kickstarter and our final push. Great to have all you Star Citizen backers aboard!

4. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

@AllGamer .... and we both know, that the Cry Engine will NOT be ported to OpenGL and Linux. I know Crytek, the just dont do that!

So SC will not be ported to Linux too, unless RSI forces Crytek to support OpenGL as a Customer! That will not happen too!

5. d53642

d53642 Avatar

I was on the fence if I was going to back it early. I knew I would buy it on release and after I seen RG was doing a 24 hour thing too I thought what the hell.

Stuck in 40 for now but with the year upgrade option, I know mine will go higher. Might not his the SC level but it will be in the triple digits.

Just not sure where I will find time to play this, SC, PE and I am still debating on Forsaken Fortress.

6. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

with SC and SotA, i won't be needing another game for the next 10+ years :p these 2 will keep me plenty

7. archengel

archengel Avatar

I have to ask questions for Lord British that goes around both, his games and that of Chris Roberts, cause they have the same ORIGIN:

- Can you Lord British Richard Allen Garriott de Cayeux swear that you will not sell your company again to a company that does not uphold virtue?

Outgoing from the scenario listed below and your buddyship with Chris Roberts, who also creates ways of virtue in his games is the final question.
    (Chris Roberts has another part of the big picture. He can tell you of bizarre firings of CEOs when the wanted to make games with their publisher.)

- Could you imagine to become realtime friends, drinking ale and perhaps match forces, as the good guys win cause of real friendship and cooperation?

Scenario:
    You mentioned in a video that the guys at EA were not evil but wrong. Think twice!
    A few guys, that OWN the wrong guys over chross chain groups are evil!
    They hide behind the owner companys like Goldmen Sucks, JB Moron, Blackmail and Citigrouppys.
    Since you are truely Lord British and create virtue in the heart of people you are a enemy for their sinister plans. So be careful and stay by your virtues.

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Dude lay off the wacky tobbacy unless you want to feature on LBs wall of wackos

Everyone knows Evil Asholes are evil

9. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

@archengel
    You probably missed it when Chris mentioned in the chat channel that Lord British was out for dinner & ale with his buddy CR this past Tuesday.

10. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

Ale - urgh .... :D

11. BoMbY

BoMbY Avatar

I'm all in for the idea of combining the lore. Could work very well without disturbing the one or the other game, and could be an explanation for some of the current retro-style (like these oldschool crossbows) in the Star Citizen universe (because they recently had a documentation about this funny "New Britannia" planet on IDC (Interstellar Discovery Channel)).

12. balloonknot

balloonknot Avatar

Just checking.. PLedged before the Crossbow was announced. Played Ultima back in the day. Was a huge fan of Wing Commander and Ultima. These guys are back. How could I not support them in their endeavors.

13. ☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆

☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆ Avatar

I couldn't back either of these games quickly enough!! :D I'm in it because of the wonderful memories of previous games (WC, Ultimas, etc) and the confidence I have in both developers today. So I guess I'm backing because of that, but yeah, a crossbow thrown in is a nice perk. ;-) It's great to have many new fans come over because of that though - neither game can't have enough awesome backers around.

14. WhooptyWoo

WhooptyWoo Avatar

Huzzah space homies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.