Aether Dragon Time Trials!

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Hello fine Avatars!

A 500 coto prize will be given to the person who posts a video of the fastest Aether Dragon kill by July 20th. This must be a solo kill, but there are no other rules or exceptions. Videos should be posted in the official Shroud discord in the #events channel and the combat bar must be visible during the entire fight as the frame count for global cooldown (lockout) will be used to ensure the video has not been sped up.

Because most of the fun of a contest like this (at least for me) is seeing other people play and fight in their own builds and styles I encourage everyone to post a video, even if it's not likely to win. I'm not entirely sure what it will be, but everyone who participates will be getting something.

Happy hunting!

Sonja, FrostII, Asclepius and 7 others like this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings! thank you for having this event :) i plan on taking on an aether with my "mr. mediocre" char and see if i can down it. that char is purposely limited to 80 on the skills. should be a good time and will post vid if i am successful :)

as for video, to boost participation maybe give some folks who dont do vids regularly a little info on how they can do that? it might be intimidating for many to get that set up and working.

again thank you!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    Sonja, FrostII, Vero and 2 others like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

4. Vero

Vero Avatar

MEGA +1 good sire, i love that you are doing a 'limited skill' toon!

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

wow - where do aether dragons hang out?

Sonja, Coswald_Dirthmire and FrostII like this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

boom! mr mediocre for the win :) 16:46 :D i had been trying for a while and my pots ran out during the battle... of course :rolleyes:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1872567167?t=00h18m07s

i chose Southern Grunvald Barrens for my battle since its a nice place to just get one dragon. it doesnt have a lot of cover though, which i tend to use. i think the overland encounters might be the next best bet. Northwest Blackblade will have them too but you risk having another dragon drop on you if you cant slay it fast enough.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  7. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

At Northwest Blackblade you have a chance to get two Aether dragons at one time.
    @Coswald_Dirthmire : Is there any time-bonus, if you kill two at once?

8. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Here’s my contribution.

9. Vero

Vero Avatar

Nice one!

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  10. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

A Rangers try at the Aether. About 1:48 or so total time

11. Coswald_Dirthmire

Wow, my thanks to everyone so far for the great entries, and there's still 3 days left for more! This was an impromptu contest, and one which was a little haphazard, but I've learned a few things and I think it would be fun to do more. They'll be a bit cleaner in future, but huge thanks to @Lained for linking screen capture options and to @Tirrag for the suggestion.

I've not finalized the prizes (when I said impromptu I meant very impromptu), but every entrant so far deserves something for their efforts; these videos are a lot of fun to watch. Along those lines there's no time bonus for killing two together, but the cooler the videos are the more I'm inclined to increase the prizes for everyone.

Sonja, FrostII, Flair and 1 other person like this.
  12. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

My solo entry on Falcon

13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

livin on the edge with that final HP! trust Coup will bring her down before she gets one last hit in and the your last sliver of HP runs out. love it :)

14. Coswald_Dirthmire

The results are in and the prizes are sent! Congratulations to the winner Vero for an astonishing 63 second kill! Below are all the results, video links, and prizes.

Prize: 500 Cotos, 200 Zone Scrolls, 100 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trial Campion Trophy

Video URL:

Prize: 400 Cotos, 100 Zone Scrolls, 80 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL:

Prize: 300 Cotos, 100 Zone Scrolls, 70 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL:

Prize: 200 Cotos, 100 Zone Scrolls, 60 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL:

Prize: 100 Cotos, 100 Zone Scrolls, 50 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1877329130

Prize: 100 Cotos, 100 Zone Scrolls, 50 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy
    Video URL: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1872567167?t=00h18m07s

Prize: 50 Cotos, 25 Zone Scrolls, 25 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Head, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL: https://www.twitch.tv/pranksterfanfan/v/1873195019

Prize: 50 Cotos, 25 Zone Scrolls, 25 Potions of Regeneration, Aether Dragon Time Trials R115 Trophy

Video URL:

A huge thanks to everyone that entered and helped with prizes! There's more to come with these videos, and more contests coming very soon.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    Sonja, Galorn, FrostII and 10 others like this.
  15. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

TY for the challenge prompt, Coswald! t'was fun to see different perspectives and consider for the first time how long it took me to kill the thing. The prizes were unexpected and generous, thanks there also!

Sonja, Galorn, Anpu and 4 others like this.