[SOTA-69449] POT: Return Boats/Wagons/Balloons in COTO store

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Tirrag, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It would be wonderful to be able to purchase return boats, wagons, and balloons in the COTO store for use in POTs. When we port home to offload at our POT-based home while adventuring we don't have the opportunity to use the return feature to take us back. I think they would be a very, very popular item :)

2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Yes, yes!

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

They would practically save an immense amount of teleport scrolls which are intended as gold sinks...

Anpu likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I love this idea and have explored making it happen, but the "Return to Previous Location" teleporters don't function as well as I would like in order to add them to the in-game store. For example, there's an edge care where leaving your basement and using a return teleporter to go back to the basement, you'll be sent to the basement's generic template and not your specific basement. Still, it's possible you'll see the Return teleporters in the in-game store some day.

Anpu, Adam Crow, Beaumaris and 3 others like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you for the reply :) great to know they are on the radar! while i understand the issue with player dungeons, the same issue exists today for the current ones. one of my fav quotes, "dont let perfect get in the way of progress" ;) in any case, again thank you for reviewing and taking the time to provide input!

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

In my mind, it's one thing for small issues to exist on a free Return teleporter, but it's different when you pay for it.

Anpu and Tirrag like this.