1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 71709] Nav Mesh in Jotgrund crevasse not working for pets and mobs

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Flair, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

09/28/2023 11:08
    Title: Nav Mesh in Jotgrund crevasse not working for pets and mobs
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes. can stop you from killing certain mobs
    Details: please see video HERE as well as picture: [​IMG]
    another video example of what we are seeing HERE loc:[​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce: go to jotgrund with a pet and enter the crevasse and fight. Pets do not follow or path to the mobs and some mobs do not path right as shown in the video.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32669
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12233
    SotA.Win.64.1673.Date.09.27.23
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund
    Area Display Name: Jotungrund
    Loc: (1104.0, 28.7, -177.8)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoMTEwNC4wNDYsIDI4LjcyNSwgLTE3Ny44MTQpfCgwLCAwLjM5NiwgMCwgLTAuOTE4KXwtNzY0LjgyNDN8NDEuNjExNDV8Ny4zMTUxNTI=

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I am seeing these nave mesh issues too. In the crevice my pet mostly won't walk and won't attack mobs. Frenzy does not always apply even when pet is right next to me. When he does move half the time he walks away from the mob than attacks from a distance similar to my previous bug report here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-and-bears-attack-from-very-far-away.169340/ (this was at least mostly fixed by a previous nav mesh regeneration) Once the bear I had finally gotten to aggro on my pet teleported away then came back and aggo'd to me again. And mobs also attack from a distance even if they are melee.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Add to the above issues mobs regenning and walking away because they no longer remember we were fighting and an ice wall blocking me walking out of the crevice at the loc below (i walked back in and hugged the other wall and was able to get out, maybe that is intentional but I don't remember it there before)

Area: Jotungrund (Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund) Loc: (1432.012, 28.745, -514.283) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoMTQzMi4wMTIsIDI4Ljc0NSwgLTUxNC4yODMpfCgwLCAwLjk4MiwgMCwgMC4xODcpfC0xODkuNDQyMnwxOS44MDczNXwxMC44Mzc1OA==

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah that whole area is not playable at all.

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Ok this is at least partly instance dependent. This morning i was in party mode so shouldn't have had instance master type issues or anything but croc would barely move and would stand there and not fight etc. And that instance had ice blocking a lot of the exit of the crevice so you had to go a particular way to get out. I joined a party with Dorn and Coswald in open mode and the crevice is acting more like it used to, the occasional pathing issue and one bear kind of inside a block of ice that had bigger pathing issues but mostly ok and there was not ice blocking the exit. Is the ice supposed to be random in some way? There was z fighting in both instances but that has never gone away since the zone was created.

edit: dorn says the ice block was in the open instance too but I just ran by it without noticing. so maybe that is always there
    edit 2: standing by the ice block i saw it dissapear then reappear. might have nothing to do with pathing but i wasn't completely crazy when i didn't see it before lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  6. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

We also noticed when switching the scene master it is the master whos pet if affected the most, IE: behaves as shown in the pervious videos. When you are not the master your pet somewhat behaves but there are still issues but they are lessened.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    Gwendolyn Obscuro likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #71709

Flair, Gwendolyn Obscuro and Tirrag like this.
  8. Sannio

I did a lot of investigation and testing in Jotungrund yesterday. The main issue is that the navmesh isn't generating properly within the crevasse and all my attempts to fix it aren't working for some reason. I've passed this along to DevilCult to investigate.

Flair, Gwendolyn Obscuro and Tirrag like this.
  9. Dorn Slate

Dorn Slate Bug Hunter

And adding my 2 cents this is also affecting the Frost Giant. When I go in to taunt him to move where I want him he doesn't move at all just stands there looking at me. If I move in closer he starts his animations and then I back off taunting he sometimes does a 360 and moves a little bit. So I repeat the process to finally get him to where I want to tank him.

10. Sannio

I submitted a change to Jotungrund that basically backs up the crevasse and path grid to how it was before I made the changes with the last release. This should also fix the blocking wall Gwendolyn described which accidentally got added. (There won't be a wall blocking the entrance to the crevasse.) This change will be live with next release.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    Flair likes this.
  11. Dorn Slate

Dorn Slate Bug Hunter

Thanks Sannio :)