More Basic Exp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxM3phi5t0xx, Oct 4, 2023.

1. xxM3phi5t0xx

xxM3phi5t0xx Avatar

Hi people,
    I wanted to know what you would think if the basic experience in general were raised.

Unfortunately, there are now only a few players online to start a farm group. It would be cool if the general experience points could be increased so that even small farm groups are worthwhile.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Experience has already been permanently doubled twice with attenuation levels much much higher than in the past. Players level past the lower level content very quickly and miss out on some great scenes. Increasing overall xp would just make players outlevel current content that much faster and put more pressure on the devs to create more high level content when the small dev team is already doing as much as they can. Also small targeted groups can already be just as or even more productive than the large open parties.

By Tor, vulcanjedi, Tirrag and 4 others like this.
  3. Vero

Vero Avatar

There are quite a few players able to grind out allot (or 'max' attunuate) XP as a solo player, or with very small groups.

I would advice reaching out to those kind of players to get some more info on their builds/tactics etc. Helps allot to get to a point where you don't need a PUG to get decent xp. It will also greatly improve your playerskills learning from those type of players/guilds :)

Stay safe and have fun

FrostII and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Daily's, make sure you work the daily's everyday!

5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Historically, those builds and tactics have almost always been to find an exploit and afk grind, so I can't say for certain that your players playerskills will improve all that much. Ring of fire, DoTs in general, mobility, pets, archery, etc. none of those took the Bobby Fischer of SotA to work out.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Most of the popular builds are pretty easy to setup. But to really fine tune and get the most out of them, it takes a lot of effort and skill. From my interactions with you in the past, I don't think you've ever really gotten that deep into this game.

Last time you were playing, you let us all know that you had absolutely no idea how crafted gear worked. You were in a group and you were examining players, and you thought you had better gear then them because examining doesn't show all the bonuses.

My point here is, I'm not sure you really have a grasp on how difficult it is to fine tune any build with proper gear and deck setups. Ive been playing regularly since R21 and I can tell you it's much harder than you think.

Scanphor, Sean Silverfoot and Vero like this.
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

There is enough basic XP in the game already. It has been doubled already so double XP is actually historically 4X XP.

You get 15000 XP simply for logging in daily.
    You get gold and XP simply for talking to the oracle each day and there are half a dozen lowlevel quests that earn around 10000 XP each that can be done daily
    https://sotawiki.net/sota/Daily_Quests

Instead of grinding XP farms, people below Adventurer Level 100 should concentrate on doing all of the 3 pathes - as far as I remember the path of love until after reporting the death of Min to the Shogun and his priestess gave 40.000 XP.

If more XP is added then it should be conditional, e.g. like in Starfield when you do actually rest in your own bed you gain a "rested" bonus to XP for a limited time.

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That's a hard sell when hanging out at a CP with a group of experienced players for around an hour can earn more XP than you would on all three paths combined.

Edit: Probably excluding the final prize for having all three paths completed, with the quadrupling, that's what, 1 million xp at this point?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You learn nothing at control points. That isn't the game. You missed the boat if that's what you're trying to spend your time on.

It's a way to easily level up without actually playing. If that's fun for you, knock yourself out. I've been playing this game for years and I've spent maybe 4 or 5 total hours in control point groups... i don't care if I get 1 mil xp or 15 mil per hour as long as I'm having fun and enjoying myself. I only joined cause I was curious why people are doing it. Just because you can get the most xp doing something, doesn't mean it's the best thing to do.

You ignored my comment directed at you like you always do @Burzmali... will you continue to spend your time casting shade on a game you don't even play or have a good understanding of? At this point you might have more hours doing that on these forums, then I do actually playing the game... I wish I had that amount of free time!!!

10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

This. So much this.

ConjurerDragon and Adam Crow like this.