Gold and silver scraps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where can I find items that can be salvaged for gold and silver scraps?

Sentinel2 and Lazarus Long like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

you can get some every now and then as loot drops but most are from smelting gold and silver goblets. At least for me that is. I have a few of each but not alot. I know most of mine were from random loot

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought there were a couple goblets in Shrekk but I can't find them now.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I have also gotten gold and silver scraps (albeit not too often) from salvaging things like bottles, candlesticks, jars of powder, etc. I am not sure ones drop the scraps cuzz i salvage all the deco stuff at the same time on the blacksmith table (I have not salvaged any goblets in a long time, so my scraps definitely came from salvaging items other than goblets).

The think the drop rate for the scraps may be relatively low (in loot and in salvaging). I have about 60 to 70 of each of gold and silver scrap after having saved them since they were introduced.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Silver goblets in Shrekk and gold goblets in Crooked Shanks Mayor house. I might of gotten some scraps from bottle salvage as well now that i think about it.

6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

There's not enough of them out there to be useful

7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

They seem to only scrap from items that have a value and even then only 1 most of the time. Would be nice if we could craft something a little more rare with them.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Seems kind of a fool's errand. If you get goblets as loot drops, sure, scrap 'em. But unless some new recipe has been added I'm not aware of that uses scraps, the time is probably better spent just mining ore. I think even low level encounters can net you more gold or silver than you'd ever get from hunting down goblets. Unless things have radically changed.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I seem to remember gold and silver goblets laying around somewhere that you could just pickup (maybe Shrekk?). If I could find that again then I could make it part of my daily routine.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

They might not drop scraps, too. I may be wrong, and I've been gone awhile, but my recollection is that most of the found ones were the 0 value versions vulcanjedi mentioned that don't give anything, or if they do it's like 1 metal scrap and never gold or silver. Hopefully I'm wrong, but even then, I still think it's not a wise use of the time, unless there's something else in the scene to be there for.

11. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Salvaging a Rusty Deep Pan gave me gold scrap, zinc, and metal scrap (based on my chat logs below):

[10/8/2023 10:17:08 AM] Item (Rusty Deep Pan) was destroyed during crafting.
    [10/8/2023 10:17:08 AM] Successfully salvaged an item (Rusty Deep Pan) for Zinc x1 and 2 other items.
    [10/8/2023 10:17:10 AM] Item (Gold Scrap x2) added to inventory.
    [10/8/2023 10:17:10 AM] Item (Metal Scrap x3) added to inventory.

I am relatively sure these pans don't drop gold scraps every time.
    I think the metallic items (in particular the non-equitable deco items) seem to have a small chance of dropping gold scraps when salvaged.

Addendum: just got gold scraps from salvaging a rusty fork.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  12. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Jars, at least when they aren't phantoms, sometimes drop scraps as well. While working on an armor set from the Rise, I used to scoop up the jars on either end of the run to get their random drop rewards.